Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Engine will not crank Guru Help

Ok finished with my new toy Installation and ran my ski on my garden hose for about 45 seconds all was good started right up and no problems at all. I ran the excess water out of ski and shut it off. I came back a minute later just to fire it up and nothing not a click not nothing but a couple of beeps. I took the switch cover off and I have power to and from the switch all the way down harness and pass the connector on both sides. I proceeded to my starter relay and The purple wire has power. I then took the two wire connector off( just for safety) and jumped the two posts and it cranked over easily no problem. Im beggining to think my mpem shit the bed but was hoping maybe I need to check somewhere else. Any help would be great thanks in advance Tim

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Just because your getting voltage to the starter relay (signal to start) doesn't mean that the relay is working properly. You kind of confirmed the other questionable areas by sending voltage directly to your starter.

starter relay id say? same thing happened to and a mate of mine all in
    a week.

+1
    Power at the solenoid but no power out ussualy means it is toast.

+1
    Double check all your grounds...in alot of cases if the relay is bad, you can dance on the start button and it will eventually click or try to turn the motor over intermittently. If you can, check voltage on the opposite side of the relay when the starter is depressed, if no voltage its probably the relay or the relay trigger. I wouldn't say its battery related being it turns over when bypassing the relay. Obviously the battery can take the load, so its something in the relay itself or the signal. Also don't rule out any fuses that are mpem related. Even if they "appear" good visually, verify they are making good contact and the harness doesn't have any signs of extreme heat or burns from a bad connection. Best of luck with it.

+1
    First of all thanks for the responses really makes me appreciate this site and members. I can do a Micheal Jackson break dance on switch and nothing not even a attempt to click much less start. Funny thing is never had a problem of "No start" clicking anything. I Have checked fuses ( Test light on both ends) I also cleaned them with electical cleaner all connections/lubed. All wires look like new no freys burnt or for the matter corrosive connections Like new Im beggining to think Mpem But will give the relay a whirl.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    First of all thanks for the responses really makes me appreciate this site and members. I can do a Micheal Jackson break dance on switch and nothing not even a attempt to click much less start. Funny thing is never had a problem of "No start" clicking anything. I Have checked fuses ( Test light on both ends) I also cleaned them with electical cleaner all connections/lubed. All wires look like new no freys burnt or for the matter corrosive connections Like new Im beggining to think Mpem But will give the relay a whirl.
    Is the
    Did you check to see if the solenoid is geting the signal from the switch when you hit the button?

+1
    Yes it was late last night and it had steady power to it with the lanyard on it (purple wire) without start button pressed.When I pressed the button Nothing still power from purple wire but no effect there thats why I was thinking Mpem. I picked up a starter relay Just in case alot cheaper than a Mpem and having a spare may not be a bad Idea

+1
    The purple wire has power all the time when the lanyard is plugged in. When the start/stop switch is pressed the ECU sends a ground signal to the BW/YL wire at the solenoid. Try grounding the BW/YL at the solenoid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005 Sea-Doo Engine Service Manual.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	217755  

+1
    Thanks Beer Thats whaI thought Judging by The diagram My relay must be bad your "all" awesome what a fantastic site I will post results after I get home tonight with a 1/4 tank of Beer

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information