Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Im new and just got a 2001 GP1200R

like the title says im new to this site, seems like heres a lot of important info and i just got my first jet ski, i have been riding atvīs for years.... but have no experiences with jet skis....

so far all i know is it starts great, the oil they have been using b4 is: Mystik precision blue marine 50:1 high performance outboard motor oil, should i rather use yamalube like the sticker says? one more thing the last owner said when he bought it they said it had a chip, that all he knew how can a confirm that?

thank you in advance for your helpful information

some pictures:

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

my ski has thrust vectoring......does yours??? killcraft's Avatar
    if you still have the stock cat you should run yamalube if the cat has been changed to a D-plate run a quality synthetic like amsoil dominator

+1
    he probably had the catalytic converter removed since they fall apart, and you install a dplate with a chip to make the check engine light come on. do some searching on it. the chip should be by the electronic box on the side, theres 3 connectors on a metal plate, it will be the black one.

if the cat has been removed you can run allot of different 2 stroke oils. most will say amsoil, but thats expensive for a stock ski. yamalube 2w is fine, but gunks up power valves. if you want to stay with a solid oil use 2s yamalube. in my opinion.

first thing you need to get is wave eater clips (about 60 bucks) i got my ski and drove it for 12 hours before a power valve dropped which is a common problem, this prevents it. hate to see another new jetskiier have my same problem.

nice ski, welcome to the hulk

i will check if it has a chip, since i bought this ski used with 87.1 hours, maybe they installed wave eater clips already, how can i check it? i have no idea where too look... thank you for the info

+1
    it requires removing 12 bolts to check them. each cyl has a power valve. so if your looking at the head, inbetween the spark plugs and header, youll see these 3 box looking things that stick up some. they arent perfect squares, but thats them. you pull those 3 caps off, and you can see if there in there once they are off.

http://72.167.226.209/Waveeater/steelclipinstall.htm

sounds good iīll check that as soon as possible and i got some picture for now:

1.- is this the chip?:
    2.- i see a hose here and cant find where it goes:
    3.- whats goes in there?:

+1
    That's the chip. That's just a vent for something leave it be and that's where you hook a hose to flush it when running on land

If you hook it up to the hose don't push water through it unless its running

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed View Post
    That's the chip. That's just a vent for something leave it be and that's where you hook a hose to flush it when running on land

If you hook it up to the hose don't push water through it unless its running

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    that is the vent hose for the original type battery. wet acid... if there is a sealed battery in there now, there wouldn`t be a nipple for the hose on the battery...

ok sounds good i took the battery out and i cant find any nipple so iīll leave it like that...

and if it has a chip it means it has a d-plate?

one more thing... i used the search box a lot already and i see people going to premix and some just put new hoses and clips on, and dont go to premix, they say the pump isn't the problem, the problem are the hoses, i cant find how to get to the hoses? is it a lot of work changing them?

thank you again, u guys have been a lot of help!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information