Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Time to Get to Worx...

I have used all the ride plates out there for racing. I am tired of bouncing around the track more than I need to. It is time to get to Worx.

i have never been in a actual race but i a have the RD plate and i have never had a bouncing problem even in high speeds

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RxPneco View Post
    i have never been in a actual race but i a have the RD plate and i have never had a bouncing problem even in high speeds
    When it gets choppy, you will come unhooked with the R&D Plate. Not as bad as the RIVA plate, but you will come unhooked during closed course or offshore racing. When you are out of the water you are slowing down. Keeping the pump engaged in the water is very important in racing. The boats that stay PLANTED pass the boats that are out of the water when conditions start to kick up. If you can't keep your boat in the water, you will be in the back of the pack. Power gets equalized when it is choppy. At the World Finals on Sunday, 85+ MPH boats were reduced to 65 MPH. That is a huge drop.

For rec riding...Worx might be overkill. On flat water, your R&D plate will fit the bill. The only time the water will be flat on a race course is during the 1st lap if your in the front. After lap 2...all hell breaks loose.
    Last edited by Carlos Thomas; 10-17-2010 at 08:04 PM.

yeah it fits good in flat and little chops its ok but i have try other plates and they have been worse

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    When it gets choppy, you will come unhooked with the R&D Plate. Not as bad as the RIVA plate, but you will come unhooked during closed course or offshore racing. When you are out of the water you are slowing down. Keeping the pump engaged in the water is very important in racing. The boats that stay PLANTED pass the boats that are out of the water when conditions start to kick up. If you can't keep your boat in the water, you will be in the back of the pack. Power gets equalized when it is choppy. At the World Finals on Sunday, 85+ MPH boats were reduced to 65 MPH. That is a huge drop.

For rec riding...Worx might be overkill. On flat water, your R&D plate will fit the bill.
    Make sure and post your results because also i am a closed course racer and recently bought the RIVA but haven't put it on as yet. Is the RIVA any good for closed course.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Make sure and post your results because also i am a closed course racer and recently bought the RIVA but haven't put it on as yet. Is the RIVA any good for closed course.
    I had struggles with the RIVA Ride Plate. I had high hopes for it. It wants to naturally bounce when you are reaching speeds close to 80 MPH. I used it in 1 closed course race and 1 endurance race. Turning at high speeds required a little more effort. I was in Port of Spain two weeks ago...there is not much flat water out there. The Caribbean riders use WORX. RIVA makes great products, but the Ride Plate did not fit my type of riding.

Thats my 2 TT's.

+1
    I had struggles with the RIVA Ride Plate. I had high hopes for it. It wants to naturally bounce when you are reaching speeds close to 80 MPH. I used it in 1 closed course race and 1 endurance race. Turning at high speeds required a little more effort. I was in Port of Spain two weeks ago...there is not much flat water out there. The Caribbean riders use WORX. RIVA makes great products, but the Ride Plate did not fit my type of riding.

Thats my 2 TT's.
    When u say Port of Spain do you mean Trinidad ?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    When u say Port of Spain do you mean Trinidad ?????
    Yes. I stay at the Hyatt Downtown on the water. I am working with WASA on Farm Road in St. George.

This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    +1

Thats my 2 TT's.
    lol it is very much calm but races dont take place there... it's more down south of the island.. in south it can be smoothe at times in the race course but when the wind kicks in... its gonna get choppy... kris u might want to really get rid of the riva plate an get a worx.. in the closed course there u will experience chop... i wanna see u beat ghanny's ass reall bad bro.. ooo an on the tips... he is the only competion out there.. the other guys dont even matter.. he gets reallly aggressive out there and leans on u to put pressure on u.. u have to at least get the holeshot reallly good and take the inside of the cans on him... he's got a bigger supercharger.. so he's gonna be punchin it really fast.. hmmm an sponsons, i dont really take to riva to well even though they are great, but my experieces were kinda bad... it grips really hard in the corners.. but of course your ski is alot larger than a rxp..

Banned User
    +1
    here i am sneekin' into the yami section again...... does this mean you'll grace us with your presence at rio vista next week??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information