Possibly adding to the stable

I just picked up my 97 GP1200 2 weeks ago (first ski for the wife in I).After spending a long weekend on the water with friends that have a 3 seater, she decided she really wants her own ski and wants a 3 seater. I just found a 99 XL1200 limited for $900, with a possible swap of my single trailer for the current owners double trailer.

From what the owner is telling me, it started running rough last summer, so he took it to someone on craigslist to have the carbs cleaned, 3 weeks later he recieved a call from the police to come pick up his ski. He claims he got everything back except for the carbs, so I will need to find a good set of carbs to get it running. Looking at the pics, it looks like he took exceptional care of it, other than getting scammed by the craigslist mechanic. Sounds like a good winter project, and I don't see losing anything in this deal even if I ended up parting it out.

If anyone happens to have a spare set of carbs laying around for this, please post up a price or shoot me a PM, thank you.

+1
    PM sent

replied Talked to the seller, picking it up tomorrow at noon.

+1
    Look it over real good to make sure carbs are all you are missing......I have other things if you need them.....

Picked up the ski today along with the double trailer. Needs some work, reverse cable seems to be froze, most likely needs to be replaced, and will have to get some carbs on it. Also need a hood hinge, and some good clamps for the oil injector lines. Haven't checked for wave eater clips yet. didn't see any of the bolts to hold everything together, but will look closer tommorow for those, they may be laying under the loose under exhaust inside the engine compartment. As we all know, threads are worthless without pics, so here's a few. It looks absolutely huge on the trailer next to the 97 GP1200.

Ok looked it over some more, and found good and bad. I believe it has the wave eater clips if I'm not mistaken.

Now the bad, unfortunately it's missing the entire cat assembly, basically everything in this pic except part #41 and the 2 part #55's is MIA.

I have none of the bolts needed to reinstall the carbs intake or exhaust either. Looks like this may take quite a bit longer than planned initially. Definetly will if I have to pay anything close to new prices.

Thread Information