Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

Walbro GSS342 vs stock pump

i put a walbro in about a year ago and it seems to be giving up...i am attributing it to the alcohol in the fuels

question.. is the walbro needed to deliver the volume with the pressure needed when running a rrfpr ..

is the volume of the stock pump inadiquate.. at stock pressures..for bigger setups..

the more pressure you ask of a pump the less volume you are going to get...

the reason i ask is.. i have taken the rrfpr out of my set up well the referance line off...and am going to tune it with 60# seamens injectors and the rude controler... and not rely on the fuel pressure to add fuel....so the max pressure will probably end up at about 50 psi.....

so if the reason for the upgrade is because of the pressure loads the rrfpr puts on the pump..i can save the 100 bucks and put the stock pump back in ...if it is volume i need then i need to get a new walbro..

my ski was running great..this setup had been on for awhile...it runs fine until you put a load on it.comming out of corners..or straight accelerating...goes lean like 17 lean then the ski falls on its face..seems to run out of gas...as soon as you back off it goes again...so that tells me the pump isnt putting out the volume needed to keep up i cant really watch the water and see the fuel pressure guage under the seat at 70 +to see if the pressure is falling off...

this is something that started in the middle of a ride..i was running 50# bosh injectors and my aeromotive rrfpr..thought maybe the pump had come off the screen at the bottom because it started when i got low on fuel... checked it is good..

100 buck is 100 bucks...if i need.. it i need ...it but if i dont.. why waist the money

+1
    You sure the screen is not plugged?

i had it out ..it doesnt look dirty..or plugged

+1
    I should have knew you better than that but had to ask....

+1
    At 50 psi the stock pump should be fine IMO.
    What will the pressure be at wot?

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    At 50 psi the stock pump should be fine IMO.
    What will the pressure be at wot?
    wot the pressure should still be 50 psi ...i am going to tune it with the 60 and the rude controler only...not going to put boost to the rrpfr..i was out today had it at 45 psi and still was at 6.8 on the rude controler to get it to low 13s af...at idle ...may need to uses the aquarium check valve on the referance line ..to pull a little fuel at idle....it easy enough...i guess i can stick the stock pump back in and try it is a bosh as i underastand it...not like it is a bad pump...

+1
    At 12v and regulated at 60 psi the GSS342 (255 ltr) will flow 58 gal/hr or at 13.5v it will flow 61 gal/hr. Does anyone know what the stocker will do at 60 psi?

i dont think i can burn 58 gal an hour...and hope i never own anything that can LOL

it isnt that much bigger ..even if the stocker is only a 190 lph ...so the vol should be there

i was base pressure at 58 and running 17 lbs of boost so that put my wot pressure at 75 that is some pressure and resistance to push through ..

now the set up will only see 50 constant..at wot the 17 psi pushing back at the injectors cancelling out the fuel ...pressure ....the injectors will only see...33 ...that may be a little low ..we will see where i end up..if i can controle idle at 55 -57 the injectors would be working at 38 to 40 they will atomise better ...i would be better off..

found this in and ad on e bay ....interesting just wondering if this is the situation on stock pumps and rrfprs

The Walbro high output in-tank electric fuel pumps are available in flow ratings of 255 liters of fuel per hour. These particular pumps flow significantly more fuel at higher pressure. For example, at 80 PSI the standard 255lph pump will flow around 132 liters (35 gallons) per hour. At that same 80 PSI the equivalent HP (high pressure) fuel pump will flow over 210 liters (50 gallons) per hour.

+1
    I hope you figure this out because this is exactly the direction i'm heading. I got a set of 55s in from Jerry and plan on ditching the RRFPR reference line, adjusting the base pressure to tune WOT, and then using the Rude to pull fuel where needed. I am hopeing my base pressure is somewhere between 55-60 psi.

Dude, your were setting the cells at like 6.8 to pull fuel? I'm also wondering if your pressure requlator could be giving you the problem with the lean condition instead of the Walbro. It could be restricting fuel, may be worth a shot to pull apart and check or clean..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information