Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

riva ecu see boost cut???

messing with my ski today ..trying to tune with my rude controler...the controler intercepts the signal from the map sensor and changes it and sends it to the ecu...

i had the high end numbers 4 volts approaching 13 ..so the ecu would have saw 30% more boost than there accuallly was say 17 +30%= 22.6... 4 volts +30% that would put the signal from the map sensor..over 5 volts

thought it was cutting out because of fuel delivery problem and i still may have an issue thats why i needed to put the numbers so high...trying to get the af in range..

the last time i went out after raising the numbers in the top end..
    as soon as i got going. it would fall on its face...it would beep at me no code... could it have been boost cut..

thoughts

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    messing with my ski today ..trying to tune with my rude controler...the controler intercepts the signal from the map sensor and changes it and sends it to the ecu...

i had the high end numbers 4 volts approaching 13 ..so the ecu would have saw 30% more boost than there accuallly was say 17 +30%= 22.6... 4 volts +30% that would put the signal from the map sensor..over 5 volts

thought it was cutting out because of fuel delivery problem and i still may have an issue thats why i needed to put the numbers so high...trying to get the af in range..

the last time i went out after raising the numbers in the top end..
    as soon as i got going. it would fall on its face...it would beep at me no code... could it have been boost cut..

thoughts
    You mess with that thing more than you ride. Take that dang thing off and just set your RRFPR and forget it.

rrfpr alone wont do it...unless i want the idle AF in the 10s..

i had it sorted going well ...i can just plug in the line and put the 50s back in and it is strong..reload my old map 20 min i am good ..once i fix the burnt up fuel pump..from the rrfpr that is why i want to eliminate it..

i have more time than fuel money right now anyway ..for me and messing with it is part of the fun.....

+1
    Yes ant its boost cut. That controller is no good for tuning top end. You gotta tune top end with the regulator and if its rich down low u can try an pull fuel. I took that stupid thing off an got a custom ecu from les cooke and it runs soo much better now. you might be better off jus putting ur old 50s back in

thanks brian ..the next time i spend any sort of big money on ecu controler ect i am just going to a stand alone...and be done..

the rude controler has its place..but also its limitations......the biggest wish i have for it is 100 rpm increments..instead of 500 it would allow me to tune it to be smoother..the af jump around a bit ..because of the 500 rpm increments

i wish i had some 55s around...cant get the big end with 50 and no rrfpr not sure i can get the idle with 60 well see..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    thanks brian ..the next time i spend any sort of big money on ecu controler ect i am just going to a stand alone...and be done..

the rude controler has its place..but also its limitations......the biggest wish i have for it is 100 rpm increments..instead of 500 it would allow me to tune it to be smoother..the af jump around a bit ..because of the 500 rpm increments

i wish i had some 55s around...cant get the big end with 50 and no rrfpr not sure i can get the idle with 60 well see..
    I bought a set of 55s from Jerry for around $200.00, best thing about them is theyre PINK (girls aughta love em)......

LOL that is why you have an engine cover....

if it comes to spending more $$$ ill just put the 50 back in and hook the rrpfr back up it ran well like that it is just me and not liking rrprs

a set of 55 would bring me to 3 sets of injectors..sitting there

they say options are better than obligations

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    Yes ant its boost cut. That controller is no good for tuning top end. You gotta tune top end with the regulator and if its rich down low u can try an pull fuel. I took that stupid thing off an got a custom ecu from les cooke and it runs soo much better now. you might be better off jus putting ur old 50s back in
    I dont think he'll have any luck tunning with the 50s (been there and done that), not enough fuel without running the rising rate, cant increase pressure enough without them locking up to get enough fuel up top. Hook up the boost line and you cant lower enough pressure to set the AF at WOT and still keep the bottom and middle pressured enough to get good fuel atomization, the injectors will just dribble fuel. So throw on the Rude with the boost line and your back to pulling fuel with the controller.

it worked fine with the rrfpr...i am running bosh 50# they dont lock up

just didnt want to run a constant 75 psi..with the 50# to get the top end without the rrpfr..to much load on the pump IMO and i would be pulling fuel like mad on the bottom...

+1
    Engine cover???, dude I picked up .000001 mph by throwing that off and into the garage!!!!! Yea, I was refering to the Riva 50s locking up. 75#s seems like would place alot of strain on the pump, guess that would depend on how far and long you actually run at WOT. These pumps are pretty durable though..... If these 55s turn out to be too much i'll send em to ya to try!!, make you one hell of a deal on em...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information