Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riva Pistons ?

+1

Riva Pistons ?

Riva piston how are thay holding up

Banned User
    +1
    piston ring combo is better then stockers for me, NO blow by in catch can even 3 or so oil changes later

only problems, that too heavy so w/o lightweight mod you can us only 4 riva ecu like 8650 rpms

+1
    The Riva pistons are lightened as compared to the stockers. I had a slight mod done to mine so I can gas load the rings, not too aggressive though. Still in the assembly process but should know soon how well they hold up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by repsol View Post
    only problems, that too heavy so w/o lightweight mod you can us only 4 riva ecu like 8650 rpms
    Louis914 was running them with a 9500 limiter.. They are the same if not lighter then stock and there are good few people running stock pistons with 9000 limiters so Im not sure why you would feel that they cannot be run above 8650. R88

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Louis914 was running them with a 9500 limiter.. They are the same if not lighter then stock and there are good few people running stock pistons with 9000 limiters so Im not sure why you would feel that they cannot be run above 8650. R88
    If I'm not mistaken... he had somewhere around 50 hard race hours on those pistons too. When he tore it down and inspected them, they still looked brand new with zero signs of any blow by. I forgot how much boost he was running, but I was very impressed by his experience and findings with these!

+1
    I got arround 25 hours with zero oil in catch can.
    15 psi at 8,500 +.

+1
    I just overhauled my engine and out them in. Only have about 2 hours on engine right now but so for theve been great!!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Here's the thread from Louis:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ook&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Louis914 View Post
    I finally pulled down the Turbo GTI engine. I built it just before World Finals in late September of 2009. I had the very first set of Riva's new pistons, and I was the test mule. The photos you may have seen posted in the release were actually of this motor.

67 hours of hard times later, I pulled it down for inspection and freshen up before the start of the 2010 season, and this is what I find.... I wasted my time.. it is spotless inside. I set these up at .003 piston to wall, and I dropped them in, I did not modify the piston in any way. Also note this was a stock rod engine running 29psi at over 9000rpm, with boost overshoot off corners to 9500rpm regularly. See sample data from last saturday.

I just thought I would post this for all to see that this is a sound product. There is zero scuffing on the skirts, the cylinder walls are spotless. Most impressive is the lack of blow down over the crown. It is common to see blow down to the top of the first ring. With Seadoo Pistons it is even common down to the second ring, but that is the top rings fault. These have ZERO.. And every second of run time on this thing is full tilt, there is no idling time or no wake zones at MKP.. it is flat out.

Cylinder pressures were 155psi right across with my guage and my setup form start to finish. I think I may go back together with the 9.5's

Keep the air charge and cooling temps inline, no detonation, and Lambda under 12.0 and these motors are strong. Have a look at that rod bearing too.

Have fun..

Louis

+1
    Thanks sounds good to me. Time to buy some piston

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information