+1

Yama ha or Seadoo RXT X 260RS

Hi guys Im only new to the forum and I am looking for some advice, I know this is on the Yamaha side but Im sure I will get honest and unbiased feedback. Im looking to buy a new ski and I'm looking at either a Sea Doo RXTX 260RS or a Yamaha FZS or FX SHO cruiser. The Seadoo (2010 model) is $23000 and both Yamaha's (2009 model) are $18000. These things are dear in Australia. I ride in both the ocean and lakes/rivers and its all salt water riding. I mostly ride on my own but occasionaly tow a tube. I would like the ski to be quick in stock formas I wont modify it and I would like it to be reasonably nimbal handling wise. I also ocassionally have either my 5yr or 3yr old on the ski. I need something reliable. I'm concerned about the bucking issue with the FZS but the Seadoo has problems with bolts failing out. I have been looking at this proposition for some time and it is starting to do my head in. Which one of these skis is best going to suite my needs. Thanks

I would go with the fxsho you and the kids will love the seats very fast ski and great to tow with and it has the step on it

+1
    boy,when I first started reading I thought"wow...sea doo has gotten EXPENSIVE!... ok I see your an AUSSIE...you throw the $5000 difference in the FZR and you got a muscle/ recreational ski..with the right mods...you know just because you have a fast accelerating ski doesn't mean you HAVE to go fast...you can enjoy your family and just cruise around enjoy all types of water conditions ,towing etc....but if you get "called out " for a little 'dragging"... you show him who's boss...I've said this many times on GH...I do not like all the iS on the new Sea doos...guys always kid me because I don't have Reverse..SO WHAT...I paid 8400 new and threw 2500+ into her..But the way I WANTED IT ..performance/comfort....Good luck...both great 3 seat skis...seadoo just to pricey IMHO

+1
    Hi

Another fellow Aussie here. Whichever pwc you purchase it sounds like its going to be a good one. I have an FX SHO but I also love the RXT X 260 from Seadoo and wish I had that as well. Choose the one that you prefer but becasue of the bucking issue I wouldn't choose an FZS but thats just me. You can also import from the US if you want to save heaps.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    Imported an FZS from the united states and couldn't be happier with the ski.

Glad to hear!

Thread Information