Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

seadoo rxp rxp/x going over 80+mph on stock ecu

hi guys im new to gh and ive been reading post for about amonth now and i just wanted to know how you guys are getting ur ski to go over 80mph+on ur rxp's with stock ecu what mod's have u guys been running prop's,pumps,grate's,ride plates,charges,coolers,Fuel Pressure Regulator ,Fuel Injectors,exhaust,air filter, Camshaft,pistons,rods,ported head,Valve,Spring,Retainers. as i have a stock 05rxp n i want to put some money in to it. well i want it to go 80+mph

+1
    +1 ive been wanting to know the same thing.

+1
    welcome to the forum

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    there are a few ....big chargers...and lots of ride plate work..to have seen 82 ish on stock ecu..but lots of work to get there ..if they had an ecu they would be 86 above 80 the hull becomes a huge wall

+1
    80+ on stock ECU has been done quite a few times ... What I would do would be to start with all the usual stuff, very good air intake, intake grate, external IC, 15/20 Solas, X charger or better, Riva Ride plate & heat exchanger setup, and then do all the little stuff and fine tuning. Many of us have run 77mph with that setup, with less boost and no Riva ride plate ... a little more boost with an X charger or upgraded X charger, plus the Riva ride plate should get to 80 mph, BUT it does take fine tuning of the impeller/rpms, clean up of the bottom, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    there are a few ....big chargers...and lots of ride plate work..to have seen 82 ish on stock ecu..but lots of work to get there ..if they had an ecu they would be 86 above 80 the hull becomes a huge wall
    What do you meen by "to have seen 82 ish on stock ecu"? dislexic fingers? LOL
    For those of you wanting 80+ on stock ecu, It's not that hard to do anymore. Watch the beginning of this vid and check out the slow mo in the beginning. You will see what an 83+ mph stock ecu boat rides like with 245lbs sitting on the seat. Now imagine what it rides like in superman position. 80+ is easy on stock ecu with the right set-up for top speed. Gotta get the hull out of the water. No need for porting or valve train upgrades.

The rest of the vid isn't bad either.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aus83rxp View Post
    hi guys im new to gh and ive been reading post for about amonth now and i just wanted to know how you guys are getting ur ski to go over 80mph+on ur rxp's with stock ecu what mod's have u guys been running prop's,pumps,grate's,ride plates,charges,coolers,Fuel Pressure Regulator ,Fuel Injectors,exhaust,air filter, Camshaft,pistons,rods,ported head,Valve,Spring,Retainers. as i have a stock 05rxp n i want to put some money in to it. well i want it to go 80+mph

On mine i am running a 2 Rude,50 LBS injectors,Rude Fuel controller,Aeromotive RRFPR with the referance line disconnected set to 58 PSI,15/22 with some work done to it,pump extention,83 mm nozzle,Rear air setup,04 cam,Riva plate with Heat exchanger setup and Riva intake grate.....Im sure there is some i missed but these are the basics on my ski....

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    What do you meen by "to have seen 82 ish on stock ecu"? dislexic fingers? LOL
    For those of you wanting 80+ on stock ecu, It's not that hard to do anymore. Watch the beginning of this vid and check out the slow mo in the beginning. You will see what an 83+ mph stock ecu boat rides like with 245lbs sitting on the seat. Now imagine what it rides like in superman position. 80+ is easy on stock ecu with the right set-up for top speed. Gotta get the hull out of the water. No need for porting or valve train upgrades.

The rest of the vid isn't bad either.
    yes it was you that came to mind...i knew you were over 82 wasnt sure if you made 83 yet.. i heard you talking about it on that ride but didnt catch exactly what the numbers were...i wanted to try a gps run but ended up with fuel pump issues ....in the second half of the day ...still a great day...

but everyone needs to realise lots of hull and ride plate work went into it ..they arnt going to just bolt some stuff on and it be there ...the rxp hull hits a wall at 80...75 77 is easy 80+ gets difficult..

you are running a big et charger. arent you

i have seen your ski more out of the water than that....it is funny you can watch him hit the gas when you came buy him and you still went buy at a clip ......and who is the dork on the yellow and black rxp in the hat....LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    yes it was you that came to mind...i knew you were over 82 wasnt sure if you made 83 yet.. i heard you talking about it on that ride but didnt catch exactly what the numbers were...i wanted to try a gps run but ended up with fuel pump issues ....in the second half of the day ...still a great day...

but everyone needs to realise lots of hull and ride plate work went into it ..they arnt going to just bolt some stuff on and it be there ...the rxp hull hits a wall at 80...75 77 is easy 80+ gets difficult..

you are running a big et charger. arent you

i have seen your ski more out of the water than that....it is funny you can watch him hit the gas when you came buy him and you still went buy at a clip ......and who is the dork on the yellow and black rxp in the hat....LOL
    Yeah, broke 83 a couple times last winter with a best of 83.6 on radar. The other day at k-river when you heard us talking It ran an 83.1 and an 82.7 when I trimmed up too high and started hopping. Rpm's were 8180-8200 on the fuel buzzer with tools and cooler onboard. Current set-up is big charger, 48lb injectors, duel reg, 14/23 pitched prop, true'd riva plate (holes not filled), riva grate, riva pro bo's, riva rear air, greenhulk waterbox, fizzle IC, LC1 A/f gauge.

thought you were on a moded stock plate..

thought i heard 82.7 ..hence 82 ish...i really wanted to do a good speed run that day the air was better than it had been in a long time..i have done so many mods since last spring ..cam ported head..60 mm tb ..better tune ..i know it will be good...many good days comming up ..get a new fuel pump in and see where she is..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information