Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

On board video RXP-X mild pre pump stuff

Here is a short video from some runs yesterday. You can see right at around 77.5mph the water is perfectly flat and calm and all of a sudden the ski makes a few tail shakes and bucks side to side. You can hear it unhook, then ease back into the throttle and continue the run. It's a really sketchy feeling, I would definitely not suggest chopping the throttle in this situation. It felt if I was to, the ski would literally jump completely sideways. I think I might be at the end of my speed mods until I do something to prevent it. With that being said...what are my options that you guys suggest? Thanks as always.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    ...what are my options that you guys suggest?
    Your still running the stock prop, right? If so, swap it out...Stock prop was not designed to process that volume of water which is coming in at that speed.

+1
    Thank you...thats the kind of responses I was looking for. Yes, my prop is still completely stock. I just don't want to go faster and as a result, end up over the handlebars going that fast. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Your still running the stock prop, right? If so, swap it out...Stock prop was not designed to process that volume of water which is coming in at that speed.

+1
    Thank you...thats the kind of responses I was looking for. Yes, my prop is still completely stock. I just don't want to go faster and as a result, end up over the handlebars going that fast. lol
    I think someone has been telling you to get a prop....

+1
    You said for performance reasons, not for safety concerns. Wait... safety, whats that? I just know I'm at the point of something bad about to happen with this thing the way it acts sometimes...even in glass water when I'm going that fast. It seems like it recently started doing it after I added the final mods. Basically between 77-78mph.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAYOU RXP View Post
    I think someone has been telling you to get a prop....

+1
    Here is a different view...it ran a little faster this pass. 77.9mph It was getting lower on fuel.

Banned User
    +1
    Remember, the P-X setup from the OEM was the last effort to use PHYSICAL parts to slow the ski down. The intake grate, pump tunnel, and prop, were all designed to give the ski the greatest acceleration possible...The grate forces in a large amount of water, the tunnel holds it, the prop processes as much as it can...it can only process so much at a time. Anything else will back up and wait...

When you change out the intake grate on a P-X, you are actually REDUCING the volume of water it is processing...BUT you are also reducing the drag, which increases your speed. The increase in speed produces a larger volume of water, OR, the same amount of water it had at lower speed with the OEM grate...

So now you are at the point where you need to PROCESS the volume of water, because the overstuff is now more prominent at your speed of 77-78mph than it was at the OEM 68-69mph.

PROCESSING the water properly will not actually gain you any real speed (depending on setup), but it will bring down the overstuff issue to where it is more managable and/or reduced to nothing.

+1
    Here is a different view...it ran a little faster this pass. 77.9mph It was getting lower on fuel.
    Looks like that was one hell off a hick-up

+1
    Yep, when u feel the tail start wagging slowly ease off.

+1
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm at the point where I think I have to do something before I look for any more speed. Thanks for the breakdown of WHY it does it and HOW the prop would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Remember, the P-X setup from the OEM was the last effort to use PHYSICAL parts to slow the ski down. The intake grate, pump tunnel, and prop, were all designed to give the ski the greatest acceleration possible...The grate forces in a large amount of water, the tunnel holds it, the prop processes as much as it can...it can only process so much at a time. Anything else will back up and wait...

When you change out the intake grate on a P-X, you are actually REDUCING the volume of water it is processing...BUT you are also reducing the drag, which increases your speed. The increase in speed produces a larger volume of water, OR, the same amount of water it had at lower speed with the OEM grate...

So now you are at the point where you need to PROCESS the volume of water, because the overstuff is now more prominent at your speed of 77-78mph than it was at the OEM 68-69mph.

PROCESSING the water properly will not actually gain you any real speed (depending on setup), but it will bring down the overstuff issue to where it is more managable and/or reduced to nothing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information