Do I need to change my prop yet?

Hey guys. I am confused if I should change my prop yet. My mods are listed in my signature. I haven't considered changing it yet because my ski will only see 7900 rpm, but should I change it anyway and if so which one should I get? Will the new prop add mph or hole shot or possibly decrease one or the other? Thank you

+1
    I would say... not yet.

Unless you ADD power modifications to the engine (witch you did with the bigger intake), the stock prop is still good (or maybee a solas with same pitch) especially the you are not even running at full rpm wich should be 8100. I would tweek your stock impeller to get 8100 rpm for now, unless you plan on future mods.

Quote Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
    Hey guys. I am confused if I should change my prop yet. My mods are listed in my signature. I haven't considered changing it yet because my ski will only see 7900 rpm, but should I change it anyway and if so which one should I get? Will the new prop add mph or hole shot or possibly decrease one or the other? Thank you
    Why will your ski "only see 7900rpm"? Is it still hot down there?...too much oil?

+1
    I was informed those skegs will slow you down a hair.... could be why your only seein 7900 and btw.. i have a new 14/19r solas... for sale.. basically brand new.. if your interested.

+1
    Mike Your rpm loss is probably from our hot weather still down in South Florida. I personalty wait on the impeller. I know you want to do more things to the ski. Id save for a x charger and some 42lbs injectors next. Then of course you will need a impeller. Only reason i say wait because i bought a 14x19r for the rxp then did some mods and had to then purchase a 15x20r and also did reduction nozzle with a 85mm ring. My rpms are down also only running 8060 right now.

ok thanks guys. I don't know why I'm stuck at the 7900 rpm. The ski has never gone over that even in cool weather. before or after the skeggs. I have shimmed the super charger so i know the slip is right and my oil level is ok. Just will not go over 7900.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Mike Your rpm loss is probably from our hot weather still down in South Florida. I personalty wait on the impeller. I know you want to do more things to the ski. Id save for a x charger and some 42lbs injectors next. Then of course you will need a impeller. Only reason i say wait because i bought a 14x19r for the rxp then did some mods and had to then purchase a 15x20r and also did reduction nozzle with a 85mm ring. My rpms are down also only running 8060 right now.
    Yeah i guess so. I'll just wait till I can get the RE block offs and the exhaust i think.

Thread Information