Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1

2 Stroke Parts Becoming Extinct?

Want someone to clarify this, all this I've been hearing about some carb kits no longer being made, and such, I'm clearly aware that there is a ban coming to the 2 strokes on public waters in the upcoming future.

I make most of my extra money working on skis, doing their normal maintenance (wear rings, carbs, fuel lines, etc) during my days off, I have not gotten the chance to ask my supplier if he knows something about it.

Just when I was going to get ready to purchase the CAN-DOO shop unlimited!
    most of the skis I get are 2 stroke. With that ban coming and the ethanol percentage jumping to %15
    percent you can really say the 2 strokes will be rapidly abandoned.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Want someone to clarify this, all this I've been hearing about some carb kits no longer being made, and such, I'm clearly aware that there is a ban coming to the 2 strokes on public waters in the upcoming future.

I make most of my extra money working on skis, doing their normal maintenance (wear rings, carbs, fuel lines, etc) during my days off, I have not gotten the chance to ask my supplier if he knows something about it.

most of the skis I get are 2 stroke. With that ban coming and the ethanol percentage jumping to %15

The ban only affects National Parks ..Also this is pretty informative...http://www.groupk.com/pwc-faq-2stk.htm

I've heard from alot of dealers that it's going to get harder and harder to find certain OEM parts. But believe me with the amount of functioning two stroke units still out there, parts will be available from the aftermarkets. I highly highly doubt mikuni will stop making rebuild kits for instance.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    actually, the regulations as they are will STILL ALLOW direct injected two stroke engines ( such as seadoo 951 and Fitch class injected skis)..carbed skis are out. New production two stroke outboards will be a bit more expensive due to inclusion of a catalytic converter. Some change that yamaha skis with cats may be allowed, but the current working bans 2 strokes that don't inject fuel directly to the combustion chamber ( 787 rfi's for example are, as heidi klum would say are "aught")

What this means is a large number of two strokes say in the las vegas area will be for sale..and I'm waiting to see how values hold up when the new bluebooks are issued..will vegas area ski values take a plunge?..I'm counting on it and planning a trip to vegas in the spring to buy up some deals to resell here in New Mexico ( where we can still piss in the water if we like)

+1
    Beginning January 1, 2013, boats that do not meet the Environmental Protection Agency Rule for gasoline spark - ignition marine engines would be prohibited on Lakes Mead and Mohave. The National Park Service will require the exclusive use of four-stroke engines, direct-injection two-stroke engines or equivalent technology.

and the group k info which is nice because I didn't have to search all over the net for the REAL ANSWER not some worry-wort crap being spewd

"I heard that PWCs are currently being banned from some public waters... Is that True??"

There are a tiny number of non-NPS venues nationwide that “claim” they will also be performing "NPS style" policing (primarily reservoirs that disallow any “water contact sports” like swimming, skiing, etc). In general, they have been required to ban either "all carbureted 2-cycle outboards & PWCS, or ban all water/body contact sports. But for the most part, the other 96% of public waterways in the USA will be open to virtually any craft that floats and runs. The wholesale banning of carbureted 2-cycles from USA public waterways is no more eminent than the wholesale banning of classic Mustangs and Corvettes from our public highways.

go out and join a PWC club or AWA, etc group and assist in the fight

good luck

TLR

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post

I have some individual Mikuni small internal parts on my shelf and a huge assortment of Main and Pilot jets (new and used)---Wha-d-ya need ?

Most OEM suppliers have an obligation to supply parts for at least 7 years after last marine unit production although there are plenty of OE parts (NOS Stock) in warehouses and Sea-Doo dealerships. I dont know if a global BRP dealer parts search is possible though. (I think not)

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    long live the 2 smoker! I own 2 of them. When i have to worry about parts then i will sell them and get a boat, my wife says im getting to old for ski's WTF ever!!! she just wants a boat. I can't justify a boat right now my ski's are paid for and i don't want another payment.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    They got to catch me first before they can have my 2 smoke

It would suck for GP-SHO conversions. Every cop will think it is a 2 stroke...Try explaining that to a cop ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    I dont know if a global BRP dealer parts search is possible though. (I think not)

this is slowly happening. I have called my dealer with a part number then all of a sudden, they will tell me what dealer has it in stock if they dont have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    this is slowly happening. I have called my dealer with a part number then all of a sudden, they will tell me what dealer has it in stock if they dont have it.
    That's good to know---long time coming for a intranet set up within BRP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information