Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused over which mods to buy...

And yes, I did search and read alot but I just need my final decision about which combo I should go for.

I own a 2010 Kawa Ultra 260x. I would like to purschase some mods. My mind state is set on riva exhaust/riva sponsons/riva ride plate.

I have a few questions about each:

- Do I need the riva waterbox to accompany the riva exhaust? Or Can I just get the exhaust seperatly?

- Are sponsons worth it? Do they make any difference?

- How about the riva ride plate? I would love it if my kawa unhooks abit for some fun but will I lose my ability in the wake?

- Do I need a wedge with the plate? I'm kind off annoyed by how much water the kawa sprays in my face while riding, so lifting it up a bit would sound nice.. Will the riva plate be enough to prevent the water sprayed in my face or would I need the wedge with it?

- How about the riva intake grate? Worth it?

- What seat would you recommend? I have a candy green 2010 (different than the 07-0, will the riva black/green/white seat fit nicely? (The seat's green looks lighter to me for some reason)

- What other mods do you recommend? Bare in mind I ride offshore 100% of the time and sometimes run in closed circuit events.

Thanks.

+1
    if you ride offshore 100% of the time and you run in closed circuit events why the hell are you looking at a riva setup, its a pure 1/4mile set up for flat water speed
    no you dont need the water box.
    you will find all your answers here http://www.teammotoracing.com/
    dont spend for the sake of spending unless you are loaded with $$$$$
    spend on the mods you think you may need not the ones that look all nice and pretty. what do you want to gain with the mods you are looking for?
    put some lifter wedges on it, 1deg wedge on stock set up will keep you dry.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    if you ride offshore 100% of the time and you run in closed circuit events why the hell are you looking at a riva setup, its a pure 1/4mile set up for flat water speed
    no you dont need the water box.
    you will find all your answers here http://www.teammotoracing.com/
    dont spend for the sake of spending unless you are loaded with $$$$$
    spend on the mods you think you may need not the ones that look all nice and pretty. what do you want to gain with the mods you are looking for?
    put some lifter wedges on it, 1deg wedge on stock set up will keep you dry.
    Lifter wedges and hydroturf mats are already ordered.

If I just order the ride plate, will it keep me dry without a wedge? I would also love the ski to unhook in flat water, will the plate allow that without a wedge?

About the exhaust, i've read that you have to buy their waterbox too for it to fit with the exhaust... or is there a way around it?

+1
    they already have decent mats unless yours are damaged or changing colors.
    plate will keep you dry as the plate lifts the front up and out of the water but unhooks all the time in the chop. if you want the ski to unhook why are you fitting sponsons and a plate keep it oem if thats the handling you want.
    not sure on the exhaust but i did read somewhere their is away around it, ill leave that for someone else to chime in.
    keep in mind all mods are to keep the ski planted in the water and you are wanting to do the opposite, maybe you need a seadoo or 15f

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    And yes, I did search and read alot but I just need my final decision about which combo I should go for.

I own a 2010 Kawa Ultra 260x. I would like to purschase some mods. My mind state is set on riva exhaust/riva sponsons/riva ride plate.

I have a few questions about each:

- Do I need the riva waterbox to accompany the riva exhaust? Or Can I just get the exhaust seperatly?

- Are sponsons worth it? Do they make any difference?

- How about the riva ride plate? I would love it if my kawa unhooks abit for some fun but will I lose my ability in the wake?

- Do I need a wedge with the plate? I'm kind off annoyed by how much water the kawa sprays in my face while riding, so lifting it up a bit would sound nice.. Will the riva plate be enough to prevent the water sprayed in my face or would I need the wedge with it?

- How about the riva intake grate? Worth it?

- What seat would you recommend? I have a candy green 2010 (different than the 07-0, will the riva black/green/white seat fit nicely? (The seat's green looks lighter to me for some reason)

- What other mods do you recommend? Bare in mind I ride offshore 100% of the time and sometimes run in closed circuit events.

Thanks.
    I can only answer on the plate, the grate and the wedge, If you want to ride close circuit and offshore then leave the stock plate, grate and put in the wedge. the wedge will help the water in the face the plate wont do that as much.
    I just put on the Riva plate when I go on long rides, but when going in the surf I put back the stock plate. I just leave the wedge in.

Advance the timing as much as mechanic feels safe.
    Block off the BOV.
    The sponsons will definitely help the close circuit stuff, but that's all there good for.

the seat you don't have to change you just get the Riva cover for your seat.

This is my experience, I'm not the most qualified to answer your questions, but food for thought.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I would also love the ski to unhook in flat water,
    put the bong down dude, you dont want the ski to unhook full stop. unhook = no traction = go slow.

what the other boys say is on the mark. pick your style of riding then setup for it. I sacrifice a lot of top end so I can stay hooked up in the surf, which puts me a long way in front of just about everyone in the surf.

ps flat water is for wussies.

Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    put the bong down dude, you dont want the ski to unhook full stop. unhook = no traction = go slow.

what the other boys say is on the mark. pick your style of riding then setup for it. I sacrifice a lot of top end so I can stay hooked up in the surf, which puts me a long way in front of just about everyone in the surf.

ps flat water is for wussies.
    What I figured is that I can change between my stock plate and riva... for race days i'll use the stock plate with the other mods for extra hooking, for fun days out with friends i'll use the riva plate.

+1
    cool your all settled then order away

In a perfect world we would need no modding, and in a lesser perfect world it would be good to just buy the lot, suck it and see. Read everything Nicjak says after "if you ride offshore nearly 100% of the time", and that is about the size of it, read every message. Just take this into consideration, ride plate change outs need time for the silicone to cure, about 24hours for me. Just a biatch changing it all the time trust me, and only one time you gets the silicone perfect. Mods are great, lot of time spent by there manufacturers developing them. You can still ride offshore with all the mods, shake off Yammis and Seadoos in the rough, but the odd Ultra with the correct setup for the conditions will always run you down. Most Mods can change the rides "Feel characteristic" a great deal. Never throw your stock bits away.

2* wedge with stock plate is the cheapest and easiest to swap mod for this particular application.

For those determined to buy a new rideplate the best option I could recommend for this would be the R&D and then swap out the 1* wedge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information