Modifying STXr 1200

Anyone got any tips/advice/links on modifiying a STXr 1200 ... i want to circuit race and have it for a weekend pleasure craft also ..Acceleration is very important .... any info would be great

ooo by the way ...mods done so far::: R&D ride plate , Bigger carbs ,Aquavein intake grate, Thru hull exhaust , beach house sponsons

Tripple Pipes if you can get your hands on a set!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Island racer View Post
    Anyone got any tips/advice/links on modifiying a STXr 1200 ... i want to circuit race and have it for a weekend pleasure craft also ..Acceleration is very important .... any info would be great

ooo by the way ...mods done so far::: R&D ride plate , Bigger carbs ,Aquavein intake grate, Thru hull exhaust , beach house sponsons
    Randy @ WatCon actually knows the STX-R really well. (he's mostly known for Polaris, but he knows the Kawis too)

Great guy to talk to as well....

http://watcon.com/

[email protected]

If your goin to race you may want to look at the IJSBA rulebook and see what class you would want to race in. Theres 1200 stock, limited, SS, and open. All depends on how much money you would want to spend. I would start with an impeller, intake grate, seat cover for extra grip. What kind of carbs do you have? If goin limited aftermarket heads, ignition, and aftermarket pipe would be best. If your looking to have a rec ski also, I wouldnt go with triples pipes.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by STXRacer192 View Post
    If your goin to race you may want to look at the IJSBA rulebook and see what class you would want to race in. Theres 1200 stock, limited, SS, and open. All depends on how much money you would want to spend. I would start with an impeller, intake grate, seat cover for extra grip. What kind of carbs do you have? If goin limited aftermarket heads, ignition, and aftermarket pipe would be best. If your looking to have a rec ski also, I wouldnt go with triples pipes.

Brian
    I got tripple Novi 48mm carbs... For now i want to do limited racing , then graduallly move up to Super Stock
    Last edited by Island racer; 12-18-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Thread Information