Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hurricane Upgrade?

so i have been working on my hurricane adjusting carbs new plugs and trying to get it running right. runs the best now since i have owned it. but it not a real powerhouse. any kind or performance thing i could do to it to make it a little better?

Have you checked your compression and wear ring /impeller clearance?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What sustained RPM are you seeing at full throttle?

compression is about 130psi WOT rpm is about 6400. i have not checked the clearance but when i looked in there it looked good just from looking no actual testing. but whenever i talk to someone who rode this machine when it was new says it was crazy fast and fun to ride and so either im expecting too much, or i just want more power?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Rider View Post
    compression is about 130psi WOT rpm is about 6400. i have not checked the clearance but when i looked in there it looked good just from looking no actual testing. but whenever i talk to someone who rode this machine when it was new says it was crazy fast and fun to ride and so either im expecting too much, or i just want more power?
    It should be running 6700 rpm,start by getting some numbers off the impeller and a picture will help.

They probably meant it was fast for that hull set-up and compared to it's compitition in '96. At 6700 rpm,it's speed would be close to a '98 SLH (700) I'm guessing 49-53 mph on gps

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Post #4 will help give you a little info.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Tech-Articles

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...whenever i talk to someone who rode this machine when it was new says it was crazy fast and fun to ride and so either I'm expecting too much, or i just want more power?
    The Hurricane hulls tend to porpoise and bounce, and turn fast. They can seem really fast and almost unruly at times, which can make it seem like you are going faster than you really are.

The primary fix for the Hurricane porpoising is to weld an extended ride plate.

Beach House sponsons meant for a SeaDoo HX will fit the Hurricane hull and really increase the cornering grip. If you find any, I need a set myself

If you want more power, you can fit a pair of cylinders from the red '1200' engine (which is actually 1165cc across all three cylinders). That would boost displacement to 777cc.

If you really hunt around you might find a set of twin tuned exhaust pipes, which will significantly boost power.

Or you can have the current cylinders ported for better power.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The Hurricane hulls tend to porpoise and bounce, and turn fast. They can seem really fast and almost unruly at times, which can make it seem like you are going faster than you really are.

The primary fix for the Hurricane porpoising is to weld an extended ride plate.

Beach House sponsons meant for a SeaDoo HX will fit the Hurricane hull and really increase the cornering grip. If you find any, I need a set myself

If you want more power, you can fit a pair of cylinders from the red '1200' engine (which is actually 1165cc across all three cylinders). That would boost displacement to 777cc.

If you really hunt around you might find a set of twin tuned exhaust pipes, which will significantly boost power.

Or you can have the current cylinders ported for better power.
    You can only use the 1200 cylinders and pistons if you use the rods from a 1200 the wrist pin on the 1050/700 is smaller than the 777/1200 one

sounds great. as far as these sponsons go what do they look like? maybe we could just make some? im pretty good with metal and a buddy of mine has a full machine shop

Thumbs up

sounds great. as far as these sponsons go what do they look like? maybe we could just make some? im pretty good with metal and a buddy of mine has a full machine shop
    Buy a piece of star board, its easier to work with and faster to build with. star board is what beach house sponsons are made of, the same material that cutting boards are made of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information