Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SHO R&D Cam gears install

hey lads..
    when i installed my cam gears i had my head off so it was a straight forward install. Ive set it up wrong and need to adjust the cams, looks like one may be a tooth out..

Do you know if you can unbolt the gears, and slip the chain off and get it all back together again without removing the tensioner? tensioner means intake manifold off which isnt too bad but just looking to see if anyone has done it differently.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by peachypete82 View Post
    hey lads..
    when i installed my cam gears i had my head off so it was a straight forward install. Ive set it up wrong and need to adjust the cams, looks like one may be a tooth out..

Do you know if you can unbolt the gears, and slip the chain off and get it all back together again without removing the tensioner? tensioner means intake manifold off which isnt too bad but just looking to see if anyone has done it differently.

Cheers
    Search

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sear...earchid=410359

You are going to have to remove the tensioner period.

+1
    I've done cam gears about 5 times now and never once removed the intake manifold. You have to take the dipstick tube bolt out so you can wiggle the tube around. It will give you just enough room to get the tensioner out. You also may have to take out the intercooler depending on which one you have. The Riva cooler definitely has to come out to get to the tensioner.
    Last edited by hitman; 10-25-2010 at 03:21 PM.

being in a GPR its gonna be way easier to remove manifold as front of engine is covered slightly by the hull...... been there done that and no easy way out, 15min extra work makes the task 10 times nicer

+1
    Hmmm. Didn't seen anything about this being in a GPR hull. Guess that would have helped to know.

Yeh its in a GPR... hard to get to... looks like itl come off next week and ill try put it together properly this time!!!

Howdy all

Well i finally got the timing sorted, was one tooth out. Though its not responded as i hoped it might have. Its down around 200 rpm to what it was before the gears. Im running the S3 setting, and i have a jdstyle cooler, C3 wheel and powershot.

Does anyone know if its mandatory to run the reflash to get the most from the gears? in the instrucitons its sort of says so, so ive probably answered my own question though any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Pete

+1
    Howdy all

Well i finally got the timing sorted, was one tooth out. Though its not responded as i hoped it might have. Its down around 200 rpm to what it was before the gears. Im running the S3 setting, and i have a jdstyle cooler, C3 wheel and powershot.

Does anyone know if its mandatory to run the reflash to get the most from the gears? in the instrucitons its sort of says so, so ive probably answered my own question though any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Pete
    i had similiar results in the s2 setting.
    what reflash are you using?
    i have had the cam gears removed. and will be upgrading the ecu to a r3.
    but, this weekend i will see how it does with stock timing.
    i have been told that if you are using the s2 setting, you should install the intake side only.
    so, after i get the r3 and if i try the cam gears again. that is what i will do. but, with the r3 i might have more than enough timing in the mid to low rpm range.
    i have also been using the powershot with the r2/c3 combo. but, it depends on the temp. conditions where you live.

Hi..

Im not using any reflash.. stock ECU with Powershot... it used to run 82-83MPH at around 7600ish rpm... its dropped to 80MPH and 7300ish rpm since i went S3 with the cam gears..

Starting to get the impression i need a reflash or to go S2 or even S1 to make it work with the stock ECU

+1
    Hi..

Im not using any reflash.. stock ECU with Powershot... it used to run 82-83MPH at around 7600ish rpm... its dropped to 80MPH and 7300ish rpm since i went S3 with the cam gears..

Starting to get the impression i need a reflash or to go S2 or even S1 to make it work with the stock ECU
    get the r2 or r3 reflash. you will then get the full benefit of the c3 wheel at the higher rpms.
    the 1812cc motor just humms at 8500+ rpms.
    you can always tinker with the cam gears.
    for 750.00 the ecu upgrade is amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information