Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Q's about Innovate LC1 on how to adapt to a new gauge

So I previously had theLC1 connected to the stock blue gauge which came with it but I decided to get the Gauge from Dynotune which was silicone filled and supposedly waterproof or water resistant. Anyways, I installed the gauge and have it turned on and working but I was getting some erratic numbers from it which I thought was from my turbo and where it was located but as i was reading more through the manual I found out that you need to set it up for a different gauge and was just wondering how you guys did it. I went to the Dynotune website and got the instructions but a couple of hours breaking my head and a$40 Serial to USB cable i still was not able to figure it out. I know it can't be that complicated so please help me out.

Thanks beforehand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    So I previously had theLC1 connected to the stock blue gauge which came with it but I decided to get the Gauge from Dynotune which was silicone filled and supposedly waterproof or water resistant. Anyways, I installed the gauge and have it turned on and working but I was getting some erratic numbers from it which I thought was from my turbo and where it was located but as i was reading more through the manual I found out that you need to set it up for a different gauge and was just wondering how you guys did it. I went to the Dynotune website and got the instructions but a couple of hours breaking my head and a$40 Serial to USB cable i still was not able to figure it out. I know it can't be that complicated so please help me out.

Thanks beforehand.
    The stock blue gauge is in my mirror and does get water splashed on it from time to time. No issues with it at all FYI bro.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    The stock blue gauge is in my mirror and does get water splashed on it from time to time. No issues with it at all FYI bro.
    Mine died man, I ride alot of ocean and hit some pretty big waves.

+1
    You need to change the gauge perimeters in the log works software and flash it to the LC-1. For the dynotune display change the analog out to 1.000V = 10.00 a/f and 2.000V = 20.0- a/f. then go advanced and select instant. enter 0.00V at warm up. Enter 5.00V at output error. press OK.

what part are you having a hard time with? is your computer communicating with the lc-1 ? do you have a computer with a serial port? it takes less than 5 minutes once you've done it once.
    put a bead of silicone around the cases.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1120 View Post
    what part are you having a hard time with? is your computer communicating with the lc-1 ? do you have a computer with a serial port? it takes less than 5 minutes once you've done it once.
    put a bead of silicone around the cases.
    That's the problem i'm having, it seems my computer is not communicating with the LC1. I bought a cable that converts Serial to USB because my computer doesn't have a serial port. It doesn't seem to work, I even downloaded the drivers for the Serial port and all...I have Windows 7..is that maybe a problem?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    You need to change the gauge perimeters in the log works software and flash it to the LC-1. For the dynotune display change the analog out to 1.000V = 10.00 a/f and 2.000V = 20.0- a/f. then go advanced and select instant. enter 0.00V at warm up. Enter 5.00V at output error. press OK.
    Yeah I had those directions but I was unable to connect to the LC1 to change them.

I've never tried it with a usb port. I have a old laptop that has a serial port and with that it connects pretty easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1120 View Post
    I've never tried it with a usb port. I have a old laptop that has a serial port and with that it connects pretty easy.
    I guess i'm going to have to find an old laptop. Anyone have an old laptop laying around that I can borrow in Southern FL? Please let me know, Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Yeah I had those directions but I was unable to connect to the LC1 to change them.
    Give Dynotune a call and see what they recommend with W7.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information