Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Exclamation storage for winter with a after market innercooler on your ski!

Since a lot of ski's now have after marker inner coolers that the feed line and the exit line are both some what high on the inner cooler body I assume that there is a good amount of water trapped in the inner cooler coils. When the ski is shut off and even if you blow some compressed air through there a lot of water is still trapped in them. Unlike the oem cooler which is self draining since the feed line is the lowest point on the cooler and the water drains back out of it through the pump housing. I suggest you un hook the feed line and attach a hose with a funnel on it and hold it up higher than the exit line from the inner cooler and pour some RV/Marine or enviro friendly anti freeze through it till this anti freeze flows out the exit line. This should help keep your inner cooler from busting open if there should be some water still trapped inside the coils during winter. It would be bad to start your ski next spring only to find that the cooling coils had split inside it and fill your motor with water through the air intake . Maby someone else has a good idea on how to protect the inner cooler also if so please feel free to add to my post. I know some of you guys never see below freezing temps but a lot of guys do. PS I hate winter too! Tommy Jordan

Tommy I have seen at Shibbys shop he has a catch basin under the boat filled with the mixture and a sump pump hooked up to the flush connection and pumps the mixture through when running the ski and catches the rest for further usage. Could you make a connection for the intercooler. This way your forcing it through the whole system vs just gravity with a funnel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Tommy I have seen at Shibbys shop he has a catch basin under the boat filled with the mixture and a sump pump hooked up to the flush connection and pumps the mixture through when running the ski and catches the rest for further usage. Could you make a connection for the intercooler. This way your forcing it through the whole system vs just gravity with a funnel?
    Not a bad idea also but some guys have a seperate inner cooler line from the pump that is not even connected to the engine cooling flush line.

You could buy a double male brass hose connection and disconnect the line and connect the line from the sump pump to the IC with some extra hose.

You could use one of these too, make a hose up for the pump and have this on the end to connect to you IC hose

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10637

+1
    Good info Tommy. Should save some people the headache of busting their intercooler and finding out when it dumps water in their motors.

I'm pulling my IC out for the winter and will be pressure testing it just to make sure everything is good on it. Also going to cut off my HKS flange and switch over to the Greddy BOV.

+1
    bump back up since its getting real cold ( which sucks) in alot of places now!

+1
    after running antifreeze threw the ski i put some threw the intercooler def something that must be done..yes the cold does suck is it almost summer yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Good info Tommy. Should save some people the headache of busting their intercooler and finding out when it dumps water in their motors.

I'm pulling my IC out for the winter and will be pressure testing it just to make sure everything is good on it. Also going to cut off my HKS flange and switch over to the Greddy BOV.
    dont wanna hijack the thread but hitman....is ee ur doing away with the hks and switching to greddy where u having probs like me keeping the bov seated?if u dont mind can u pm me with what u have planned to make it accept a greddy thanks bro

+1
    TTT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information