Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXTX 260 ECU Question?

I live in Australia and looking to buy a new rxtx260, if i buy from a dealer they are marked as an RS, at the moment we have alot of private imports coming in to the country because the Aussie dollar is strong against USD, the imports a alot cheaper 3-4k, can someone tell me the difference between the RS and non RS models, Cheers from down under.

+1

Cool North American verses International X 260

Quote Originally Posted by biged View Post
    I live in Australia and looking to buy a new rxtx260, if i buy from a dealer they are marked as an RS, at the moment we have alot of private imports coming in to the country because the Aussie dollar is strong against USD, the imports a alot cheaper 3-4k, can someone tell me the difference between the RS and non RS models, Cheers from down under.
    RS International model runs 120km/h (74.5mph) with some minor mods, and around 117km/h (72-73) pure stock. SKi model number 31AB.

North American model runs 112km/h (69-70mph) due to an artificial gps speed limiter that BRP and the US Coast Guard feel we need! Ski model number 31AA.

There are NO other differences that I know of.

thanks for the response, so if i get the ecu reflashed (Les Cooke) this should remove the speed limiter? Is the prop pitch and grate the same? Thanks for your help. Cheers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by biged View Post
    thanks for the response, so if i get the ecu reflashed (Les Cooke) this should remove the speed limiter? Is the prop pitch and grate the same? Thanks for your help. Cheers.
    People who reflash that ecu are typically professional racers wanting higher rpms, 8300- and up. You are now talking lots of money, time, experience, mechanical know how, etc. etc. How fast do want go??? 120km/h 74-75 mph is obviously very doable with minor mods that don't void the warranty. Going beyond that, will probably void the warranty and is big $$$$$$$............. What are your desires????

Sorry but les cooke now doesn't reflashes ecu!!!! You can use your ski for ten hours as it is and than maybe riva speed limiter solution!! Or reflash the ecu...

Sorry but reflashing service will be very helpfull in the fuutr when the warrant finish!!

Remeber that any international or us ecu has a boost limiter....no one sc upgrade will be supported due to the ecu will cut before tb!!! So will be very usefull to relash ecu with stock rpm rev but deleting gps limiter and booster limiter also going 8100 !!!!

Do not forget it!!

+1
    buy rs ecu it wont void warranty and gets rid of gps limiter

Lots of money and you will have boost limiter sure!!! Maybe it is better to wait up to finish of warranty and then reflash! Or to have two ecus of backup and warranty!! Eheh

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    Lots of money and you will have boost limiter sure!!! Maybe it is better to wait up to finish of warranty and then reflash! Or to have two ecus of backup and warranty!! Eheh
    To dispell some rumors, you cant just swap ecu's with no issues. You have to use either BUDS or the Candoo diag setup (once its available for Icontrol) to match the guage cluster to the ecu,reset throttle posistion,and reset IBR motor. Its not as simple as just swapping the ecus back and forth.

If you send the other ecu yoi can clone all info from one to another!

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    If you send the other ecu yoi can clone all info from one to another!
    even with copying info from one ECU to the new one, still had codes after plugging in new ecu, it was resolved using buds. but they were still there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information