Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ft. Walton Bch
    Posts
    92
    +1
    2

    Question which crankshaft to use

    Hey guys,

    I just had my 1300 engine let go think I hada crank bearing go on #2... Took out the cylinder pistion etc....
    What cranks are you guys now using?

    OEM sent to crankworks or Hot Rod sent to CrankWorks?
    Has anyone had their crank cryoed?


    Thanks
    Mike


  2. #2
    smacota1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South of Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,162
    +1
    36
    OEM works very well.....many even use it on triples, but I would send it to Crankworks for T/W if you are going triple or very high RPM. JMO

    Quote Originally Posted by mjet View Post
    Hey guys,

    I just had my 1300 engine let go think I hada crank bearing go on #2... Took out the cylinder pistion etc....
    What cranks are you guys now using?

    OEM sent to crankworks or Hot Rod sent to CrankWorks?
    Has anyone had their crank cryoed?


    Thanks
    Mike

  3. #3
    Send it to crank works and have it stroked.............................Yeah Baby............

  4. #4
    Moderator DrewNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smacota1 View Post
    OEM works very well.....many even use it on triples, but I would send it to Crankworks for T/W if you are going triple or very high RPM. JMO
    +1

  5. #5
    agsbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    Posts
    270
    Ship to Crankworks for T/W...........


    What is T/W........something like a hidden code ring??? C'one Man..

    Bill

  6. #6
    Moderator DrewNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by agsbill View Post
    Ship to Crankworks for T/W...........


    What is T/W........something like a hidden code ring??? C'one Man..

    Bill
    Trued and Welded

  7. #7
    agsbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Trued and Welded
    Thanks Drew....

    Why do all forums resort to code words....

    One post could be read by a thousand people...Think ahead!

    Some of us are ROOKIES....BTW...My family is from Bayonne !!

    My Dad was on the 1924 and 1928 USA Soccer Team

    Bill

  8. #8
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by mjet View Post
    Hey guys,

    I just had my 1300 engine let go think I hada crank bearing go on #2... Took out the cylinder pistion etc....
    What cranks are you guys now using?

    OEM sent to crankworks or Hot Rod sent to CrankWorks?
    Has anyone had their crank cryoed?


    Thanks
    Mike
    Here is a little insight on Hot Rods Cranks http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ot-Rods-Cranks
    Also some info on OEM http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...a-Cranks-Parts
    As far as Cryo on the cranks I did it on Billet ones but never on a cast crank. I send all my stuff even new cranks to Crankworks www.crankworks.com for true and welding at a minimum. I have started to have the phase pinning mod done to all my new cranks, it is expensive but adds another level of robustness to the crank. I highly recommend the upgraded front mag bearing they offer as well.

  9. #9
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Crankworks or Protec. Both very good cranks. Crankworks has built a few stroker cranks for me besides many T&W cranks, always great work. Dont cheat yourself by trying to save a few dollars by buying 'the cheaper' deal. Your crank is the building block for the engine, do it right!

  10. #10
    smacota1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South of Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,162
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by agsbill View Post
    Thanks Drew....

    Why do all forums resort to code words....

    One post could be read by a thousand people...Think ahead!

    Some of us are ROOKIES....BTW...My family is from Bayonne !!

    My Dad was on the 1924 and 1928 USA Soccer Team

    Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Honing Which tool to use
    By ruinplay in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 08:08 AM
  2. Which hone to use?
    By johnsonmtz in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 04:24 PM
  3. Which PDA to use
    By MARKUS in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 07:18 AM
  4. Which cover to use?
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 08:26 AM
  5. RXP / RXT air filter. Which one to use?
    By RXPBeast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •