Thread: What to do now?

What to do now?

Hello everybody!

My RXT-X is now running, thanks to all your advices, a Fizle air intake, manifold upgrade, rear exhaust, solas 15-22R, Works intake, front engine mount and SS wear ring. It's pulling 8160rpm at sea level.

What would your advice be on what to do next?

Supercharger wheel + injectors?

Supercharger wheel + injectors + ECU?

Supercharger wheel + injectors + Fuel pressure regulator?

+1
    Your next step should be an 83mm nozzle. Either the OEM RXP nozzle or the Riva pro series nozzle with the 83mm ring.

Mini rude upgrade and 48 lb injectors would be a real nice complement to your setup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brera Hifi View Post
    Hello everybody!

My RXT-X is now running, thanks to all your advices, a Fizle air intake, manifold upgrade, rear exhaust, solas 15-22R, Works intake, front engine mount and SS wear ring. It's pulling 8160rpm at sea level.

What would your advice be on what to do next?

Supercharger wheel + injectors?

Supercharger wheel + injectors + ECU?

Supercharger wheel + injectors + Fuel pressure regulator?
    I am going to assume you have a 08 or 09 T-X.
    IF you have rear exhaust wtih opas removed I would install some RE's.
    I would also look at reienforcing the pump tunnel before you add more power.
    Super charger and fueling as needed would be your next step.
    If you stay with closed loop you might want to go to a 158 thermo.
    Ride plate mod would not be too bad either depending on your type of riding.
    If you so choose to turn more then 8,300 rpm then dont forget the valve upgrades needed for those rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Your next step should be an 83mm nozzle. Either the OEM RXP nozzle or the Riva pro series nozzle with the 83mm ring.

Mini rude upgrade and 48 lb injectors would be a real nice complement to your setup.
    Won't the nozzle reduce my holeshot? I'm all for top speed, but holeshot means a lot to me also... I'll be doing some Endurance races this year, and a good holeshot means a good race position. That's also the main reason because i don't want any pump wedge or plate work, wich will probably reduce the handling ability on mild to high chop...

With the mini rude and the 48 lb injectors (Bosh i think), will i be OK? The air/fuel ratio won't be too lean?

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I am going to assume you have a 08 or 09 T-X.
    IF you have rear exhaust wtih opas removed I would install some RE's.
    I would also look at reienforcing the pump tunnel before you add more power.
    Super charger and fueling as needed would be your next step.
    If you stay with closed loop you might want to go to a 158 thermo.
    Ride plate mod would not be too bad either depending on your type of riding.
    If you so choose to turn more then 8,300 rpm then dont forget the valve upgrades needed for those rpms.
    Reinforcing the pump tunnel is also my next step, and yes, it's a 08 T-X. I have the rear exhaust with the opas removal kit and IC relocation. I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what is RE's?
    I want to stay with closed loop. What are the advantages off the 158 thermo?

+1
    RE's = Race Engineering OPAS Blockoffs

I don't see any RE's for the RXT/GTX/RXTX in the store, but here is a link to see what they look like. This link is for the RXP/RXPX
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=352

Strongly apreciated input required, so here goes a bump up

The best handling mods I made to my 08 TX was the installation of the R&D Auto trim steering nozzle, R&D sponsons and R&D 84mm reduction nozzle. Some people like the stock sponsons but I found the stockers to be too abrupt and inconsistent in rough conditions. Also, install some Renthal MX handlebars for more control. Add the Riva X upgrade SC wheel and 48# injectors for more power. I would also recommend sending your prop to Eric @ SpeedFreaks for his magic touch. I have the same setup and find few boats can hang with me in the rough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yz426er View Post
    The best handling mods I made to my 08 TX was the installation of the R&D Auto trim steering nozzle, R&D sponsons and R&D 84mm reduction nozzle. Some people like the stock sponsons but I found the stockers to be too abrupt and inconsistent in rough conditions. Also, install some Renthal MX handlebars for more control. Add the Riva X upgrade SC wheel and 48# injectors for more power. I would also recommend sending your prop to Eric @ SpeedFreaks for his magic touch. I have the same setup and find few boats can hang with me in the rough.
    Hi, Did the R&D sponsons take away the bow steer feeling in the chop ?

Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Hi, Did the R&D sponsons take away the bow steer feeling in the chop ?
    I would say the AutoTrim nozzle made the most difference in eliminating the bow steer in chop. The sponsons would be secondary.

Thread Information