Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: 10,000+ rpm

  1. #1
    Stockrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,009
    +1
    1

    10,000+ rpm

    just out of my curiosity why cant we get a 4-tec to turn over 10000 rpm. would there be any benifit to this? i know f1 engines can turn up to 20000 on a v-8. why would they explore higher rpm's if the lower rpms make the same horsepower. like i said just a thought. Enlighten me!


  2. #2
    Moderated
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,711
    ive read of race skis that do turn 10k rpm but i doubt they last very long, just like an F1 engine.

    longevity is the key reason, the closer to the edge you run something the shorter its life span.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    3,048
    +1
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockrxp View Post
    ......why would they explore higher rpm's if the lower rpms make the same horsepower. like i said just a thought. Enlighten me!
    question answered?

  4. #4
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Duke worked on a turbo ski that turned 10k. If it's built and tuned right it should not effect longevity. Look at motorcycles.

  5. #5
    Stockrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,009
    +1
    1
    yes we see streetbikes.......smaller displacement i know turn 14000. i had a hayabusa (1300cc) it would turn over 10000 easy.. my thought is that maby it could be because of the gear driven supercharger......

  6. #6
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Duke worked on a turbo ski that turned 10k. If it's built and tuned right it should not effect longevity. Look at motorcycles.
    Spot on... Rpm's dont kill motors... Bad tune kills motors... Engine management is a wonderful thing!!

  7. #7
    2006 Turbo RXP boBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    STATE OF KUWAIT
    Posts
    1,034
    If you want to go 10,000 rpm+
    you need to lightweight your internal engine parts + motec

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockrxp View Post
    yes we see streetbikes.......smaller displacement i know turn 14000. i had a hayabusa (1300cc) it would turn over 10000 easy.. my thought is that maby it could be because of the gear driven supercharger......

    all they'd have to do is change the gear ratio and the charger would spin the same rpm at 10k as they currently do at 8k. the limiting factor on the superchargers is the bearings. i've found some bearings that could handle the motor turning over 12k, but at $200 a bearing, not exactly cost effective. plus at those kinds of rpm, the charger has to be balanced much better than they currently are. i'd be surprised if they are balanced even to 10k.

  9. #9
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    all they'd have to do is change the gear ratio and the charger would spin the same rpm at 10k as they currently do at 8k. the limiting factor on the superchargers is the bearings. i've found some bearings that could handle the motor turning over 12k, but at $200 a bearing, not exactly cost effective. plus at those kinds of rpm, the charger has to be balanced much better than they currently are. i'd be surprised if they are balanced even to 10k.
    You need a Billet Wheel that is well balanced for sure IMO

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    804
    +1
    21
    just look at rotaries

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Video: LiquidPiston’s 70cc Rotary Engine Spins to 10,000 RPM
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 06:24 PM
  2. FS - Parts torx 10,000 rpm key and 80 injectors
    By anxiousracing in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 04:32 PM
  3. FS torx 10,000 rpm ecu and ic
    By anxiousracing in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 12:50 PM
  4. FS Ecu 10,000 rpm
    By egomez33176 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 11:01 PM
  5. FS - Parts ecu reflash 9200 rpm 10 000
    By CRT in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •