need help winterizing a msx 150

This is my first four stroke and need help with the steps for winterizing

Yzman check out the polaris knowledge area!! Here is a link to the winterizing section.

http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

Course now that I read what was actually on the winterization page it seemed more for two stroke. There is a lot of useful stuff though. Just not sure if we need to fog the 4 stroke or not for winterizing. I am interested as well since I am a new MSX owner myself.

You cant hurt the engine by fogging it down. The cylinders dont have much oil left on the walls after you run it so there is a chance for rust after the oil drains back into the crank case. The way I fog a four stroke is pop the plugs out, spray some in each cylinder, crank it over a couple times and put the plugs back in and your done. Spraying it down the intake just starts burning it off and enough residue might be left behind but IMO its just better not to start it.......

I found a PDF file on the Weber 750 engine and it says to do this:

Fill approx. 10 ml [0.34 oz (US)] of clean motor oil directly through the spark plug holes.
    Before you replace the spark plugs, crank up the motor briefly with the starter. Replace
    the spark plugs.

What is your thoughts on this Jack? Course their is a warning about not using more motor oil than specified to do this.

Here is the file: Weber750.pdf

The reason there is a warning is because if you put too much oil in the cylinder and it dont get out of there before you put the plugs back in, then the next time you go to start it you could possibly hydro lock the engine and cause engine damage to include but not limited to throwing the crank out of index. In a nutshell, oil cannot be compressed so you do not want more oil than there is space for it between the top of the piston and the head when the piston is at top dead center. Most of the oil should get blown out the spark plug holes and the rest will bleed down into the crank case over the time your storing it. I would be good with the .34 oz per cylinder. Lay a towel of the plug holes when you crank it so you dont splatter oil all over.

Thread Information