Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

helping a friend..kawa 250x SC Warranty

hi, a riding friend who's female has the 08 with with 86 hrs and a 4 yr warranty.... ski lost power so she went to dealership of purchase...was told SC was no good anymore and the only way to fix it and make it like before, was to replace...she was told the SC IS NOT UNDER ANY WARRANTY , it's concidered an accessory...the replacement with parts and labor was $3000...she's doesn't work on her own her ski and knew no one at the time that did...ended up paying since she ski's regularly ...something wrong here guys ,does all of this sound right...I know its too late now..please chime in and give your insight..thanks

+1
    guessing the argument is more over whether she maintained the s/c as per the manual. if she failed and depending on what was wrong with the s/c she wouldnt get warranty.
    but if the s/c failed through no fault of her it should be covered as per her 4yr plan. not familiar with your extended warranties over there so someone else may know more.

I have never heard of the extended warranty not covering a supercharger because it is an accessory??????? She needs to call Kawasaki direct. Its not too late if she paid with a credit card. She may have some pull if she disputes the charge. But yea, more info is required. Did she sink the ski and got water in it? anything strange like that?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    I have never heard of the extended warranty not covering a supercharger because it is an accessory??????? She needs to call Kawasaki direct. Its not too late if she paid with a credit card. She may have some pull if she disputes the charge. But yea, more info is required. Did she sink the ski and got water in it? anything strange like that?
    right...more info would help,but this is what I know..she brought the ski in for regular servicing...the winterization and spring start up I believe was done by the dealer,and there were no issues..forgot to mention completely bone stock...I will send her the link here so she can here your opinions and decide from there...but for what I understand, the SC failed and its not covered...hmm

+1
    The SC should be covered under extended warranty. The only reason I can see why it would not be covered is if the failure were due to a fault of her own. First thing that comes to mind would be water injestion. I can see them denying warranty if they pulled the charger and it were full of water. But really other than that it should be covered.....especially if this is the same dealer she pays to have services done at.

$3k for a replacement charger is insane btw....

+1
    thanks guys ...like to hear more...will ride with her sunday..see if there's more to the story, maybe she's forgot to mention or ain't telling me...$3000 for a SC??..I have no exp. with them..I'm just the messenger hear...so I understand the SC IS COVERED, other than the owners negligence...even if owner Is at fault..an original SC installed that much?...I'm believing because she's female they took advantage..hmm..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    thanks guys ...like to hear more...will ride with her sunday..see if there's more to the story, maybe she's forgot to mention or ain't telling me...$3000 for a SC??..I have no exp. with them..I'm just the messenger hear...so I understand the SC IS COVERED, other than the owners negligence...even if owner Is at fault..an original SC installed that much?...I'm believing because she's female they took advantage..hmm..
    Is she hot?? Got pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    If she gots an Ultra, she likes it rough.

+1
    "The way to a womans heart is through her jetski"

Seriously, who pays $3000 for service without a second opinion? That said I would be really mad if I had to pay for a SC under warranty - especially $3000 for the piece of crap SC that comes with this ski. I think this needs more investigation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information