Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GP 1300r hole shot

Ok I have a 2007 gp 1300r, It has a island mod 4 rideplate, riva intake, R&D REED STUFFERS,R&D PUMP SEAL KIT,R&D POWER PLENUM FLAME ARRESTOR, R&D SPONSON KIT
    R&D D-PLATE,RIVA FREE FLOW EXHAUST KIT,RIVA PERFORMANCE CYLINDER HEAD
    RIVA PRO SERIES E.F.I. CONTROL UNIT,SOLAS "SETBACK" DYNAFLY IMPELLER
    14/20.. I just put holeshot kit on.. I have a fzr and the gp was staying with the fzr on take off and would walk away on top but now the fzr jumps out bye three ski , top end on the gp is 66 with a gps after everything . does the holeshot slow it down on top or could be putting to much water in sorry for the caps computer messing up

+1
    Do I understand that AFTER you put the JW holeshot kit on and I assume its put on correctly,you fell 3 skis behind the FZR on top?....and before the JW install you would beat the FZR on top...the JW only advantage and gain is on takeoff (holeshot) the waterbox has been kept empty so less water to push though...once you hit 3000 rpms or 10 mph the waterflow though the valve is kept opened cooling the exhaust so the ski is running normal...why you would suddenly fall behind in a race there may be some other issue....

When we put all the other thing in the 1300 we took out the fzr and 1300 the 1300 would stay with the fzr out of the hole .then the 1300 would walk away. Then we put the holeshot, the riva heads, and mod 4island rideplate, I had a mod 1 before. The water for the holeshot open at 3200-3500 and I ran another pisser out the side. top is about the same take off sucks. but top need is noly 66 thought it would be better

what are yor efi settings

5-6-1-5 EFi The com Are 150-148-150

+1
    Perhaps the mod 4 has too much angle-it is a top speed plate on glass water.
    Heads and holeshot kit would help pick up.
    Also, maybe the FZR was having an off day (bad fuel/trim set wrong etc) the day you ran next to it, cause in my experience the FZ will leave the gpr for dead on holeshot-3 ski's is about right, and just running efi controller/air filter and 14/20 is not going to help much over a stock gpr to be honest because that's quite a steep prop to turn without extra compresssion. What are your exact wot rpm's??

I think 6986 . What mod plate would you go with For in the middle I had a mod one then got the mod 4. I would like to fun around 70's low. I am going around in circles . what prop would be good to get. I going to send the motor to wcp to get ported and someother things. IF I DONT SELL IT FRIST...THANKS

+1
    how did you come up with that rpm #...what aftermarket tach do you use?

+1

Question ???

Quote Originally Posted by Gp 1300r View Post
    Ok I have a 2007 gp 1300r,
    It has a island mod 4 rideplate,
    riva intake,
    R&D REED STUFFERS,
    R&D PUMP SEAL KIT,
    R&D POWER PLENUM FLAME ARRESTOR,
    R&D SPONSON KIT
    R&D D-PLATE,
    RIVA FREE FLOW EXHAUST KIT,
    RIVA PERFORMANCE CYLINDER HEAD
    RIVA PRO SERIES E.F.I. CONTROL UNIT,
    SOLAS "SETBACK" DYNAFLY IMPELLER14/20..
    I just put holeshot kit on..

I have a fzr and the gp was staying with the fzr on take off and would walk away on top but now the fzr jumps out bye three ski , top end on the gp is 66 with a gps after everything . does the holeshot slow it down on top or could be putting to much water in sorry for the caps computer messing up

Hey there...

First of all, there is something very wrong going on if you are only at 66mph with these mods..

My first suggestion would be to get under that ski and take a look at the pump shoe and rideplate alignment..!!
    Or more importantly make sure nothing is hanging down..!! (some pictures are a good idea)

Next thing on the check list would be the prop.. (If the plate and shoe etc, check out)
    You could find the pitch is quite a bit higher than what you think..??

One thing that I've always liked to improve holeshot was going to the 87mm exit nozzle.. (even have an 88mm on hand here)

My now long gone 05, upset a lot of SHO and FZR owners. as well as the ultra 250/260 and RXP Guys..
    That ski had... VF3's, 3 degree timing key, power plenum, EFi controller, freeflow, modded Dplate, FF plate, 14-21 dynafly, 1200 grate, jetworks mod and a 87mm exit nozzle..

So no high compression or porting of any kind..
    I saw a best of 73.8 @7180 rpm

Also no sealed pump or holes filled.. (I changed my setup too often to seal stuff up..)

Anyway that ski had a very strong holeshot and pulled hard all the way to topend..

I'm sure you'll find out as you go along on here that the GPR's speed is mostly in the hull details..
    Get underneath that ski and snap a few pictures for us..!!

Gerry

+1
    I agree with Gary. That set with a conservative plate angle should run 73-74. Your Rpms are off by about 200 and somethings hangin too low underneath. Post some pics under the back of the ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information