Riva or R&D Parts

I've got a FXHO 160 2007

I wanna do the airfilter mod and free flow exhaust and I'm tempted by the R&D stuff cos it's half the price

Anyone got any opinions on this??

Thanks
    Neil

from what ive seen they (riva and R&D) make good products. so you cant loose

before you cut the rear exhaust tube for the ff, read this thread. I wish I had beforehand.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-w-o-the-noise

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I've got a FXHO 160 2007

I wanna do the airfilter mod and free flow exhaust and I'm tempted by the R&D stuff cos it's half the price

Anyone got any opinions on this??

Thanks
    Neil
    I have both Riva and R&D items. I cannot tell the differance between the veloicty stacks. The R&D are rubber, if not secured the #1 stack can come off. Recomend the Riva air filter as its also a spark arrestor. There is a big gain with the free flow exhaust when using the stacks, spark arrestor, ppk and solas prop. The drone is noticable just off idle (low wake zones). Once up to crusing speed its not an issue. The SHO engines have a much more anoying drone. If im correct some responses in this thread refer to the SHO engine, not the 160hp / na that you have. I have posted some info on this site about the FX HO mods done to one of my FX HO160 using the Riva parts. If you like quiet, stay stock and loose a couple of mph. I did put the rear curtians back on my FF exhaust jet because the noise was a bit loud. That helped a lot and did not make any measurable differance on top speed (gps) Let me know if you have any more questions.

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by TennR600 View Post
    I have both Riva and R&D items. I cannot tell the differance between the veloicty stacks. The R&D are rubber, if not secured the #1 stack can come off. Recomend the Riva air filter as its also a spark arrestor. There is a big gain with the free flow exhaust when using the stacks, spark arrestor, ppk and solas prop. The drone is noticable just off idle (low wake zones). Once up to crusing speed its not an issue. The SHO engines have a much more anoying drone. If im correct some responses in this thread refer to the SHO engine, not the 160hp / na that you have. I have posted some info on this site about the FX HO mods done to one of my FX HO160 using the Riva parts. If you like quiet, stay stock and loose a couple of mph. I did put the rear curtians back on my FF exhaust jet because the noise was a bit loud. That helped a lot and did not make any measurable differance on top speed (gps) Let me know if you have any more questions.

Roy

Roy thanks for the input it really helps

Im go with a new impeller the FF exhaust the Riva filter

im still not sure on the stacks though R&D or the Riva decisions decisons

I do like the look of he Riva bits though, but its aother 60quid more but i guess u get what u pay for

Roy one other questions what sort of top speed u seeing in general??

thanks again
    neil

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Roy thanks for the input it really helps

Im go with a new impeller the FF exhaust the Riva filter

im still not sure on the stacks though R&D or the Riva decisions decisons

I do like the look of he Riva bits though, but its aother 60quid more but i guess u get what u pay for

Roy one other questions what sort of top speed u seeing in general??

thanks again
    neil
    Stock 58-59 mph. riva kit minus the ride plate and sponsons 62-64. All speeds with gps. The FF exhause realy wakes these jets up. Putting on ride plates in the spring, have one riva and one R&D

Thread Information