Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,703
    +1
    109

    1350 Motor Forsale

    i'm going to pull my 1350 motor and sell it it will be complete minus the carbs and intakes
    this motor runs very well just not what i thought it would be . I put around 10 hrs on it and it runs perfect so if your interested send me a PM and we can talk .


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,703
    +1
    109
    I just want to clarify some Crazy rumors about this motor, there are some people saying the guy who built the motor screwed up the porting well he did not EVER touch two of the cylinders at all. He ported one new cylinder to match the other 2 . Then the same people say he did not know what he was doing with a Watercraft motor because he builds snowmobile stuff well if they knew anything about the guy they would have known he worked at Hotseat on the watercraft side of things for a VERY long time until he went on his own and the original builder builds snowmobile stuff also so therefore they must not know anything about watercraft engine either !!!!!!!
    The crank is the original crank also just sent out to Crankworks to get checked and redone because of the motor problems it went through .
    I also am in the process of getting the 3rd original cylinder back so the non believers can see he didn't change any of the porting
    Some people just never GROW UP

    I have the motor sold to a guy who knows what he's doing with Polaris Watercraft engines and Snowmoble engines and he is going to try and figure it out .
    Thanks for looking
    Last edited by 785 lugs; 10-27-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: sp.

  3. #3
    Polarisracer166's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Webster New York
    Posts
    694
    +1
    8
    Bob, Thanks for clearning this up.. And yes people should not comment about things they do not know to be 100% true.

    Looks like from your GPS numbers your much better off with a 1200. I have yet to see any 1350's perform like that.

  4. #4
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    soooooo what are you looking to get out of the motor?

  5. #5
    Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    soooooo what are you looking to get out of the motor?
    I think he sold it already...

    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs
    I have the motor sold to a guy who knows what he's doing with Polaris Watercraft engines and Snowmoble engines and he is going to try and figure it out .
    Thanks for looking

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,703
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    soooooo what are you looking to get out of the motor?

    Yep it's SOLD i will begin pulling it out this weekend
    Time to build another Killer 1200
    In the 1350 case bigger isn't always better

  7. #7

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarisracer166 View Post
    Bob, Thanks for clearning this up.. And yes people should not comment about things they do not know to be 100% true.

    Looks like from your GPS numbers your much better off with a 1200. I have yet to see any 1350's perform like that.
    I do recall Virageracer claiming that the "Beast from the East" ran 79.7 @7600 and claimed there was still more in it! To date that seems to be the fastest speed unless...someone was lying? But somewhere it lost 7-9 mph......what would happen if you took it back to CT? Would it regain speed? I heard they have a place called "GPS Alley"......

    Bob you must have been throughly disappointed when the "Greatest Tuner of All" Matrix Man posted a blistering speed on freshly tuned motor to the speed of 79.7 GPS MPH!!!! At that time it was a Bikeman motor!

    Now that it does not perform like it should and magically lost speed it is a "Sharps" motor?! LOL!!
    Come on Bob get real? Since you posted in numerous posts that the motor was professionally built by "Bikeman" and that the old motor was"thrown in the trash and crank was junk and out of phase"

    Who is lying here? Is it Virageracer did he sell you a 1200 motor in that boat? Did you even pull the head? Is the "Bikeman" motor sitting in CT still? Something is not adding up.....Please do tell the class!

    I hope this does not change our "friendship" you appear to be a very helpful person on the forum!


    P.S. Hi Polarisracer166 How is the wife and kids?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,703
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker 1450 View Post


    I do recall Virageracer claiming that the "Beast from the East" ran 79.7 @7600 and claimed there was still more in it! To date that seems to be the fastest speed unless...someone was lying? But somewhere it lost 7-9 mph......what would happen if you took it back to CT? Would it regain speed? I heard they have a place called "GPS Alley"......

    Bob you must have been throughly disappointed when the "Greatest Tuner of All" Matrix Man posted a blistering speed on freshly tuned motor to the speed of 79.7 GPS MPH!!!! At that time it was a Bikeman motor!

    Now that it does not perform like it should and magically lost speed it is a "Sharps" motor?! LOL!!
    Come on Bob get real? Since you posted in numerous posts that the motor was professionally built by "Bikeman" and that the old motor was"thrown in the trash and crank was junk and out of phase"

    Who is lying here? Is it Virageracer did he sell you a 1200 motor in that boat? Did you even pull the head? Is the "Bikeman" motor sitting in CT still? Something is not adding up.....Please do tell the class!

    I hope this does not change our "friendship" you appear to be a very helpful person on the forum!


    P.S. Hi Polarisracer166 How is the wife and kids?
    Richie,
    By no means can i say it's still a Sharps motor but I did talk to Bob who built the motor and he Swears that the porting was not altered one bit and it's the original crank just rebuilt ,the first info i received was false about it being all new so i went straight to the builder .
    It sure did lose some speed from there to here and no i did not pull the head i will do so before it is shipped .

    The whole deal leaves a BAD taste in my mouth and wallet but thats fine you live and you learn

    As for Mark i still believe he is a Killer tuner and builder and knows a whole of a hell more then most . who knows it could just be a cracked pipe or something simple but i'm not in the mood to mess with it when i have a 1200 cc Matrix that will put up better #s then any of the 1350's out there to date .

    I will have SS 1200 motor built for it and hope for the best .

    and finally like i said look at Chris's post before it blew up he could not get it to run either and he was told to keep tuning but then it had the fatal melt down.He had the same carbs ,ignition and pump and prop from the first 1350 motor and it was down on speed for him also and then it was built by Bikeman and did 79 and when it showed up here it ran 70-72 ??? thats why i would love to see how Al's is running with the original 1350 that i heard ran Sweet but he and his guys on here like to keep there secrets to themselves and not share with the class

    I'm just glad it's gone and i could move on .

    I would Love to see some of the stuff you guys have built and ran this summer but it seems like everything over there is TOP SECRET oh well i'll survive

    Good luck with all the Projects i hope they turn out better then mine did

    Oh yeah i hope Art shows the class his 1350 #'s he lives and rides in GPS alley so he should pull 80 with his i hope

    1 more thing about Mark it's funny how you guy's loved his work Art included until you guys had a falling out with each other and now he knows nothing ??? . He was the only guy to take on the challenge of the first 1350 and had Great sucess with it but now you guys over there including Jay say he doesn't know Shit well i'll take his Building and tuning over Almost anyone !!!!!!!!!!
    Thats like Art telling me well you don't build your own motors well how many guys do ???
    I tell you what i may not build them but i sure can make them run and that goes for Mark to theres alot more to a ski then just building a motor it's all the other Tuning stuff that makes it go !!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    At least Bob you still have one very nice looking ski to put a power plant in.

    Richie...when are we going to finally see this 1450 motor on the market that's be in the works for some time now? I'd love to finally see it and if it's affordable, have one made and put it in my Virage or GPR and see how it compares to the the GPR's 1456cc motor that's in it now...I'd love to see the mid 90's for top speed!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,703
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    At least Bob you still have one very nice looking ski to put a power plant in.

    Richie...when are we going to finally see this 1450 motor on the market that's be in the works for some time now? I'd love to finally see it and if it's affordable, have one made and put it in my Virage or GPR and see how it compares to the the GPR's 1456cc motor that's in it now...I'd love to see the mid 90's for top speed!
    I think i may use it as a Flower Pot
    It is Very nice though forsure

    I didn't know yours was a 1456

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yamaha 1300 non p/v motor forsale 06 complete
    By buckie in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 08:43 PM
  2. FS: 66v 1200 powervalve motor $1350
    By crashhard in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM
  3. 1350 motor origanal post ???
    By 785 lugs in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
  4. Roughly how much is a brand new 4tec SC motor?
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
  5. adding external intercooler to 2003 gtx sc motor
    By rapidacceleration in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •