Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

todays testing and results

hi, today i had the ski out in 53 degrees. was rough but i got some good runs in just 6" chop..... i had a FULL tank of fuel to filler cap.

first of all my runs were all about 74.2-74.9mph and to start i had 8200rpm but after a while dropped down to 8100.

initial pull of the throttle just cavatites massively allowing the other rider to get 10-15m in front in the 2 seconds of cavatiting .........after that my ski then decides to bite and grip and when it does.......it flipping goes and catches straight up with the other rider and leaves him in my wake

so i am after as close to 80 as possible but would like to keep my massive hard acceleration so...WHAT SHOULD I DO????

thanks ian

ps...other rider is a fzr stage 1 with c1 wheel....

+1
    Sounds like you need a new prop with all that cavitation and to get your RPMs up. You'll need something with a bigger leading edge and a smaller trailing edge IMO.

+1
    what prop pitches do you suggest mike. i ask as i am looking at similar setup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    I haven't worked with the R2 tune before so I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction. The stock prop with a 15/16 leading edge and the stock trailing edge might be good.
    I'd wait for someone with more expiernce with the R2 tune to chime in before you make a decision. Personally, I think the skat props are the best.

+1
    i was actually asking what prop you suggest for mr mac's set up.

+1
    i was actually asking what prop you suggest for mr mac's set up.
    What I meant is I dont have a recomendation for him. Like I said, there a lot of people here running the R2 with more expiernce than me who can point you in the right direction.

Pm todd "hitman" he has great knowledge of the r2 setups

+1
    If you want the best speed out of the R2, you need to get your RPMs to around 8350-8400.

I don't know what all you have currently in your boat so it's hard to tell you what to do. Add your mods to your signature and it makes helping a lot easier. What prop do you currently have?

Cheers mate.... Can u not see my sig? I have it all in there, currently running a 13.23 scat at 8100 rpm at 74.9mph.

Thanks for the pm it's a great help in deciding what prop Is best for me.

I need to iron out my Cavatition on Holeshot and a few more mph If possible....

What pitch prop is best for my requirements?

Thanks ian

+1
    Huh. Not sure why I wasn't seeing your sig. I see it now plain as day. Sorry about that.

With your mods you should be at 80 easy. But it has to be good conditions. If you were in salt, that will slow you down. 6" chop will slow you down. Having a full tank of gas can shave off 1-2 mph. Not being trimmed right will slow you down. So honestly, for the conditions you were in, right around 75 isn't bad. The ocean is the worst place possible for top speed runs.

To get the RPM up a bit you could try a slightly bigger exit nozzle. Like an 85mm. Maybe see how that effect low end cavitation too. It's either that, or take some pitch out of the trailing edge on your prop, and possibly open up the leading edge one degree.

People have to realize, that it takes some very serious pump work to completely get rid of cavitation from an absolute idle. IMO some of that you just have to deal with and exercise a little throttle control over. I have a really good long blade prop and anti cavitation cone in my ski right now, and guess what, if I nail it from a dead idle, I still get some cavitation. Not a ton, but it's still there. To get rid of it completely will take a twin prop, and I just don't want to sacrifice the top end and have to spin the motor so much higher for a twin, so I just accept that it has a little cavitation down low.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information