Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Never Time To Ride antoniodef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,169

    Deka Bettery 4tec

    Has anyone installed a Deka ETX30LA? Did it fit with any modification? It is an AGM battery, so no venting or leaking.

    http://www.batteryprice.com/DEKA-ETX...gmbattery.aspx

    The battery in the GTI has some sort of leak. Last two winterizations I have been scrubbing acid out. It doesn't leak bad, just damp under the tray. First year I thought I forgot to connect the vent hose, this year I know it was connected. I read up on the Odyssey's but none of them seem to fit with out any modification. I like easy. The Riva battery doesn't say it is an AGM. Thinking of just getting two and replacing the one in my RXP.


  2. #2
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    I use Deka's in everything, and have had no problems...

  3. #3
    GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,830
    +1
    258
    Im pretty sure its a little short youll have to wedge something in there

  4. #4
    Never Time To Ride antoniodef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,169
    Does anyone know if the Riva batteries sold in the store are AGM? You would think for the price it is, but you never know...it might have gold inside to justify the cost

    I'm leaning towards this one if the Riva is not AGM

    http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cra...eader-ETX__30L

    Made by Deka, same battery as the Deka I linked to above. Same dimension, which is shorter and fatter than OEM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    396
    +1
    3
    I revently installed an Odessy in our GTX. length and width fit the OEM tray but it is about 3/4" short. I added a wooden plate on top, under the mounting. I also added a piece of flat rubber under the wooden block to help keep it frmol slipping. I suspect that the Deka won't fit exactly, but a shim on the side/top should secure it with the factory mount.

    If you need to shim on the side, suggest that you fasten it to the factory mount to prevent it from slipping any.

  6. #6
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Does anyone know if the Riva batteries sold in the store are AGM? You would think for the price it is, but you never know...it might have gold inside to justify the cost

    I'm leaning towards this one if the Riva is not AGM

    http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cra...eader-ETX__30L

    Made by Deka, same battery as the Deka I linked to above. Same dimension, which is shorter and fatter than OEM.
    I just put a battery in my RXTX from Advance Auto. It was called a Magnapower. It had the same part# as above, and it fit perfect.

  7. #7
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Piney View Post
    I revently installed an Odessy in our GTX. length and width fit the OEM tray but it is about 3/4" short. I added a wooden plate on top, under the mounting. I also added a piece of flat rubber under the wooden block to help keep it frmol slipping. I suspect that the Deka won't fit exactly, but a shim on the side/top should secure it with the factory mount.

    If you need to shim on the side, suggest that you fasten it to the factory mount to prevent it from slipping any.
    What was the part# for that Odessy battery?

  8. #8
    Never Time To Ride antoniodef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I just put a battery in my RXTX from Advance Auto. It was called a Magnapower. It had the same part# as above, and it fit perfect.
    Was it a sealed battery?

  9. #9
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Was it a sealed battery?
    Yes.

  10. #10
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    6,520
    +1
    1,269
    the Deka bttery ( if you order the correct one) comes with a plastic spacer to bring the height up to that of the stock battery bracket. You can't beat the warranty that Deka offers. Auto zone and a few other vendors sell them as OEM ( Deka brands them for these vendors) samebattery, but I elieve the autozone version only has a one year warranty.

    One thing however..leave it connected over the off season and run the battery flat, the warranty flies out he window. The seadoo dess system will run it flat over several motnhs. Just disconnect the negative lead when you're done for the seaon and the battery will have plenty of power left for a first day startup.

    You do have to use an AGM rated charger to top these up if you need to.

    The thing I liek the best about deka outside of everything else is the battery terminal setup..no nuts to fall between thge hull and gas tank!..and with top and side mount threaded bosses..if you happen to bung one up you're not out of business.

    oh yeah..american made too.

    Not to diss the odyssey..I sell those too..but only in 16ah sizes. all my 4-tec batteries aare dekas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My bday present from Mom - 4tEC....
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
  2. 03 GTX 4tec SC
    By jetworx hawaii in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 04:03 PM
  3. Best advise for N/A 4Tec owners
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 10:42 PM
  4. 02 GTX 4TEC Help
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 08:04 AM
  5. Roughly how much is a brand new 4tec SC motor?
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •