Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should I buy this 3D for son-o-jag?

I've got a lead on the doo my 12 year old son wants for himself...it's a 2004 3D with all available options for that year for $3000. He'd have my other skis to ride, but he thinks he'd like to have the 3D for his own. What does everyone think? He's really excited about this!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    funny u type this... jsut the other day i was thinking to myself.... hm if i can find a leftover 3D for like 3 grand, i think i'll buy one...

go for it man.

i wish i could find a 951 3D for that price, but not gonna happen

Hi Jeremy, if you feel he is up to the task and can handle the different modes on the 3D, then go for it!... Younger peeps shouldn`t have a prob with all the body language you`d need to stay up on that ski!
    my lard a$$ couldn`t do it! You have my blessing son O JAG... ...PR...

JAG, call surf and turf also, I know there is one sitting in the showroom, I thinks it`s a 951!...

Surf & Turf website shoes that they have a 2005 3D for $4995. Isn't the 951 in the 2006? I'm going to attempt to ride the thing, but if all else fails there's the cart position! We'll be checking the 04 out on Wednesday.

Jag- Perfect first ride for your son! He can get use to the characteristics of the water and feel more in control with that hull. I ride with a guy who's son is 14 and he can throw it around a little bit! It shows him the fun factor and builds comfidence.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Surf & Turf website shoes that they have a 2005 3D for $4995. Isn't the 951 in the 2006? I'm going to attempt to ride the thing, but if all else fails there's the cart position! We'll be checking the 04 out on Wednesday.
    , That website is hokey I really not up on the specs for that ski, but good luck my friend, make sure son o jag has a great experience, and in the event that you don`t get it, show and explain why so he learns the ropes! ...PR...

Jeremy, I`m going to open up the Pale Rider Performance school, so son o jag could start there, cheap tuition!...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    , That website is hokey I really not up on the specs for that ski, but good luck my friend, make sure son o jag has a great experience, and in the event that you don`t get it, show and explain why so he learns the ropes! ...PR...

Jeremy, I`m going to open up the Pale Rider Performance school, so son o jag could start there, cheap tuition!...
    Thanks PR! First lesson you could teach him is the perils of shallow water rock suckage! (If that makes you cry instead of laugh, I'll send you my impeller to say I'm sorry.)

Now my son and I are off on the next leg of our adventure (Cowboys game last night in Charlotte, today in Myrtle Beach, then down to Florida and back to Richmond by Wed night)!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Jag- Perfect first ride for your son! He can get use to the characteristics of the water and feel more in control with that hull. I ride with a guy who's son is 14 and he can throw it around a little bit! It shows him the fun factor and builds comfidence.
    Thanks Muddy, it's good to know someone is using the 3D in this way. Thanks!

Its good that ure buying your kid a ski, my dad just bought me my 06 rxp this past july made me the happiest kid on earth. But he said that if i dont finish college that hes gona sell it.

Jag, don't let him use the sit down part at his age, he's a little too small. I have a girlfriend with a boy about that size and we brought him to a dealership and he went for the 3d right away. He sat in the chair and said, "I can't see." Everything else about that setup is perfect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information