RXP Winterization Question

I read the info in the HowTo section and also in the Seadoo shop manual. My question is, if I pump antifreeze into the flush port do I still need to pour it in the exhaust manifold and intercooler? I actually did both those things but it seemed like overkill. When I poured it in the exhaust manifold, it came out the back of the ski, telling me I already had plenty in there.

+1
    If you poured it into both the IC and the exhaust, you are fine.

I do both, but it is probably overkill. While running I pour af into the flush port. Then when I unhook the intercooler hoses to pour it in there, the antifreeze I pumped through while running comes comes out.

Thanks, I guess it doesn't hurt to do both. How do you pour antifreeze into the upper intercooler nipple? I have a funnel with a flexible hose I stuck up there. The funnel has a valve, so I filled it kinda full and opened the valve allowing the weight of the antifreeze to push it in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
    Thanks, I guess it doesn't hurt to do both. How do you pour antifreeze into the upper intercooler nipple? I have a funnel with a flexible hose I stuck up there. The funnel has a valve, so I filled it kinda full and opened the valve allowing the weight of the antifreeze to push it in.
    Thats how. I used to put a short length of hose on it, and pour it it. What ever works. If you want to be really anal,(like me) blow it out with air first. I don't like frozen expensive parts.

Frozen expensive parts sound like no fun. Especially in the spring when they are thawed, damaged, keep you from riding parts. How much antifreeze do you pump into the intercooler?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
    Frozen expensive parts sound like no fun. Especially in the spring when they are thawed, damaged, keep you from riding parts. How much antifreeze do you pump into the intercooler?

When I had a 215, internal I/C, I blew it out, and then just poured -100 antifreeze through it into the exhaust. Probably twice the amount that Doo says to use.

On my 260 with external IC, I poured it in till it came out the other hose, and clamped it.

Thread Information