Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what to do next?!

i got my '09 wake pro running great with an X-charger, 42 lb injectors, riva pro series nozzle, and a few other minor things. i just picked up a riva ECU, 50 lb injectors, the older riva X-charger upgrade kit with a wheel and front housing, and a few other non-engine related items. right now with the X-charger my ski is turning 7800 rpm. i will be doing the valve train upgrade this winter, but would it be safe to run the ECU, injectors, and wheel upgrade and pitch the prop to keep it around 8100-8200 rpm? after the valve train upgrade, what should i pitch it to spin? i know i need to tweak my prop as it is if i don't upgrade anything else. but i figured going up to 20% or so more boost might raise it enough to get it up around 8100 rpm without going too much over that. i can also run a smaller exit on the nozzle, since i'm running an 84 mm now and have an 81 and 82 mm as well.

also, how the heck do you guys keep your skis in the water when launching without having to worry too much about throttle control? my big heavy three seater with my fat butt on it jumps out of the water, the pump unloads, it drops back in the water, pops out again and the pump unloads, then settles in the water. i need to adjust the VTS down a little, since i seem to be getting top speed at the middle trim setting. the guy i got the ECU and other parts from said i should take the pump wedge out, since that is likely causing some issues on launch and i don't need it for top speed, since i've got VTS. any thoughts on that?

thanks for any help and advice. this forum has been great in helping me get up to speed on my ski, since it is my first jet ski with barely 14 hours on it

i will also be installing a through hull exhaust later this week or this weekend. not sure that it will have that much effect on things, but i figured it is worth mentioning.

+1
    Dont run a Riva ECU @ 8200 it is pointless. Leave the s/c wheel off until the ski is turning 8500.

If you want more then add the wheel and a regulator to add fuel up top.

ok, so the main gain from the ECU is going to be getting the rpm's up. i'll wait till i get the valve train upgrade to do the ECU, injectors, and wheel. i'll just do some prop tweaking for now, since the 15/20 is a bit much for just the X-charger on my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    ok, so the main gain from the ECU is going to be getting the rpm's up.
    And a more aggressive timing curve.

i figured the more aggressive timing of the RIVA ECU would help below 8200 rpm. would it be safe to prop it so it doesn't go over 8200 and still get the gains from the ECU and new charger wheel?

+1
    i figured the more aggressive timing of the RIVA ECU would help below 8200 rpm. would it be safe to prop it so it doesn't go over 8200 and still get the gains from the ECU and new charger wheel?
    Not without the valve train upgrade. Even if you over pitch it to run at 8200 RPM if you hit a wave and come unhooked the engine will rev to the rev limiter exceeding the limitations of your stock valve train.

+1
    i got my '09 wake pro running great with an X-charger, 42 lb injectors, riva pro series nozzle, and a few other minor things. i just picked up a riva ECU, 50 lb injectors, the older riva X-charger upgrade kit with a wheel and front housing, and a few other non-engine related items. right now with the X-charger my ski is turning 7800 rpm. i will be doing the valve train upgrade this winter, but would it be safe to run the ECU, injectors, and wheel upgrade and pitch the prop to keep it around 8100-8200 rpm? after the valve train upgrade, what should i pitch it to spin? i know i need to tweak my prop as it is if i don't upgrade anything else. but i figured going up to 20% or so more boost might raise it enough to get it up around 8100 rpm without going too much over that. i can also run a smaller exit on the nozzle, since i'm running an 84 mm now and have an 81 and 82 mm as well.

also, how the heck do you guys keep your skis in the water when launching without having to worry too much about throttle control? my big heavy three seater with my fat butt on it jumps out of the water, the pump unloads, it drops back in the water, pops out again and the pump unloads, then settles in the water.
    i need to adjust the VTS down a little, since i seem to be getting top speed at the middle trim setting. the guy i got the ECU and other parts from said i should take the pump wedge out, since that is likely causing some issues on launch and i don't need it for top speed, since i've got VTS. any thoughts on that?

thanks for any help and advice. this forum has been great in helping me get up to speed on my ski, since it is my first jet ski with barely 14 hours on it
    Trim all the way down and lean forward. Is possible your trim needs to be adjusted if geting top speed at half way trim.
    When looking at nozzle on trailer, when is at half on gauge where is the nozzle?
    Most of us set it up to be directly center when gauge shows half.

the trim definitely needs to be adjusted. it wasn't nearly as bad as it was. it'll move down a little more, and i'll try leaning over the bars.

i'll leave the ECU out, cause i definitely don't want to risk damage.

+1
    maybe I missed something...are you still running the stock intercooler?

also, how the heck do you guys keep your skis in the water when launching without having to worry too much about throttle control? my big heavy three seater with my fat butt on it jumps out of the water, the pump unloads, it drops back in the water, pops out again and the pump unloads, then settles in the water. i need to adjust the VTS down a little, since i seem to be getting top speed at the middle trim setting. the guy i got the ECU and other parts from said i should take the pump wedge out, since that is likely causing some issues on launch and i don't need it for top speed, since i've got VTS. any thoughts on that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information