Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CTS-V

CTS-V

Uncle is a huge car collector but only keeps one nice one at a time. Right now, he's got a CTS-V in his garage.

I got to ride along with my dad the other day. Its the great feel of a Caddy with the smooth look and feel inside and out. The interior felt very sporty but very luxurious at the same time. Being the fastest sedan on the market, I had to get my dad to romp it a few times. With 556HP, we were scooting pretty good!

I'm 21 now but I still love sitting back and hearing my uncle tell me stories about him sitting at lights with other guys.

CTS-V vs 2007 Corvette
    Dodge Viper vs V6 2006 Mustang

His CTS-V and Viper both had the same story of him pulling up to a light and the other person revving a few times then him moving his finger back and forth while shaking his head. There are just some people that can tell a good story, no matter how lame it may be. He could tell me what he had for dinner and I'd enjoy listening.

My grandmother in law bought a loaded CTS4. They are nice cars. She had a basic CTS and didn't like it. Not loaded and bad in the snow. I told her get one loaded AWD as a joke. She brought it over and boy is it nice. Her late husband always drove a Caddy. She get another for him.

That's cool! I always forget how nice they are until I ride in one again.

+1
    The CTS-V is for sure total bad ass! A friend of mine has a modded supercharged Jeep SRT8 and it took everything he had to run up on him...
    You really wouldn't expect that car to be that fast.....and nice to boot!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    The CTS-V is for sure total bad ass! A friend of mine has a modded supercharged Jeep SRT8 and it took everything he had to run up on him...
    with some mods you can be in the 10's with one....

doug you talking about jon's jeep?

+1
    no. This is a good friend of my dads who lives on the island. He says it runs consistant low 10's with a few dips in the high 9's but I've never seen it run officially, so who knows.
    I was just really impressed the V was that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post

Exactly. You pull up to some of these cars now a-days and they have 3-400hp and look like any normal car. Its very deceiving sometimes!

off topic

I`m all for these high powered cars. But sometimes I`d say the sales people need a beating selling a turbo Acura to a lady in their 70`s who can barely drive to begin with...

how are all these old people buying these high horse very fast vehicles, where the fck are they going? to BINGO???

I see very quick vehicles with the handicapped decal hanging from the rear view mirror, what gives?
    why do they need this much power? so they can mow down more people when they feel ill and drive off the road?

we have a phrase around here, watch out for the blue plates and the Buicks!

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I see very quick vehicles with the handicapped decal hanging from the rear view mirror, what gives?
    why do they need this much power? so they can mow down more people when they feel ill and drive off the road?

on Riders point
    I hate seeing vettes with blue or red handicapped passes on them
    But on the other side of me being an azz If i lost a leg on a ride at Epcot ,I am sure after the leg prosthetics was fitted and the Bugatti Veyron was painted with racing stripes, I am sure I would be asking for 1 of those passes also

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I`m all for these high powered cars. But sometimes I`d say the sales people need a beating selling a turbo Acura to a lady in their 70`s who can barely drive to begin with...

how are all these old people buying these high horse very fast vehicles, where the fck are they going? to BINGO???

Andy,

they give those things out to just about anyone these days.... anything that is deemed a "handicap" gets you one....

you could be 50, driving a vette and have one hanging from the mirror....

what rubs me the wrong way even more is the people who are handicapped that are just fat asses that have one..... like its gonna kill you to walk the extra few parking spaces.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information