+1

ET 140R LE in X charger housing.

I understand that this is a replacment wheel for existing rude housings, but....
    Would it be possible to machine the front and rear housings of an X charger for this wheel? Would the sc inlet and outlet need boring, if so what is the i.d of the 2 rudes.

If it is possible does anybody know the acceptable tolerances/clearance between the wheel and housing?

Planning on a few mods for my X "if" I end keeping it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    I understand that this is a replacment wheel for existing rude housings, but....
    Would it be possible to machine the front and rear housings of an X charger for this wheel? Would the sc inlet and outlet need boring, if so what is the i.d of the 2 rudes.

If it is possible does anybody know the acceptable tolerances/clearance between the wheel and housing?

Pretty sure it could be bored out for any wheel that fits but why the trouble unless you got the tools. , not sure on specs.

Are you related to GUS?

+1

KIT 5Engine-Tech 68 -140 Xtreme LE " Do it your self Kit" light editionNew and revised over the standard ET Xtreme the changes we did are effective ( A completely new blade and a revised hub contour) Much lighter.This is the big daddy of them all this our own custom wheel and front housing kit that will produce16-16.5 lbs @ 8750 rpm of boost and with our high blade and blade geometry , contour combo,This not a complete charger Kit Comes with: front housing, 3mm spacer ET Xtreme Billet S/C Impeller.Price $979.99 You supply your own front and back housings we can machine them also. Supplied both housings Price is $899.99

This wheel is a tad better and they do the machine work.

+1

Pretty sure it could be bored out for any wheel that fits but why the trouble unless you got the tools.
    Can you buy the wheel by itself? , not sure on specs.

Are you related to GUS? jk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Pretty sure it could be bored out for any wheel that fits but why the trouble unless you got the tools. , not sure on specs.

Are you related to GUS?

Machine shop next door to us builds landing gear componants for military aircraft, have tons of CNC equipment and owe me a few favors for letting them use our forklifts and loading docks for months while they were adding on to their facility. I've got some Bridgeport chit, but nothing with the axis capbility to radius the inside of a charger.

Related to Gus... Nah, I think he's Haitian...

Thread Information