Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: motec users

+1

motec users

i would like to know what results people are getting running a motec on the seadoos?are they like the yami guys that are getting bigg gains?

please list mods,model of ski,results

+1
    You will not see big gains on a stock ski like the Yammis do, they are getting big gains coz the stock ECU is mapped very concervative where as the seadoo map is quite agressive straight from the factory.

How ever, you can get a stocker really going just by adding the MoTec and revving it at 8800 with some valvetrain mods obviosly. You would have to de-pitch it to make it rev but you get more boost and can put abit more timing into it ect ect.

Yes you can get good gains, no the motec is not bolt on power like it is with the Yammaha 1.8.

R88

+1
    has anyone put one on a rxtx 260??if so what where the gains??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by deansta View Post
    has anyone put one on a rxtx 260??if so what where the gains??
    Have a read through this.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-now-available

R88

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    think of it this way... if you are the type to modify your ski...
    riva ecu 1000
    injectors 300 ..
    rude controler 500.
    lc or lm 1 300ish
    you just spent over 2000...

and you still are very limited..it is hard to swallow 3500 but in the long run it is a good investment ..i have the ecu and the rude controler..and am at that set ups limit and can only tune it so close...close enough for most...but could do so much more with a motec..i wish i had just done it in the beginning..because now i am thinking turbo ..and that is the only way to tune it right ..to have the reliability ..

for joe rec rider not so much a ecu and a charger upgrade ..will be about all they will ever do..

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    riva ecu 1000
    injectors 300 ..
    rude controler 500.
    lc or lm 1 300ish

and you still are very limited..it is hard to swallow 3500 but in the long run it is a good investment ..i have the ecu and the rude controler..and am at that set ups limit and can only tune it so close...close enough for most...but could do so much more with a motec..i wish i had just done it in the beginning..because now i am thinking turbo ..and that is the only way to tune it right ..to have the reliability ..

for joe rec rider not so much a ecu and a charger upgrade ..will be about all they will ever do..

+1.

I have a MoTec and completely agree with what these guys are saying. If you enjoy tuning motors it is the ultimate tool / toy. I have learned alot about the 4tec motor that would have never figured out without being able to ajust each parameter independently. I recently changed my stock cam to a more agressive race type cam and would have been "up the creak without a paddle" without being able to remap fuel and timing at different RPM's. I'm sure I could have got the motor to run O.K. but getting it run good all over the range would be nearly impossible without being able to tune each parameter. That being said if you don't like tuning engines then stay clear as you will be in over your head.

+1
    riva ecu 1000
    injectors 300 ..
    rude controler 500.
    lc or lm 1 300ish

You forgot RFPR too which is about 3-400. Lets see how my turbo goes. I'm running a Les cooke ECU, Aeromotive RRFPR and Rude Fuel controller and 75LB injectors with Walbro pump.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    true so now you are 2500 boy did i do it wrong for me...ill probable end up selling most of my stuff anf going motec eventually ...

+1
    true so now you are 2500 boy did i do it wrong for me...ill probable end up selling most of my stuff anf going motec eventually ...
    I might try out the Haltech 1000 or a DTA 60 fast which I have also heard many good results from. It's a bit cheaper then the Motec and has the same functions.

Banned User
    +1
    doesnt the haltech come with the data logging and stuff for free when you buy the ecu? also with that i mean you dont just have "x" ammount of hours to use the logging feature. its there to use whenever for however long or am i mistaken?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information