Thread: Fogging Oil ??

Fogging Oil ??

Guys Due to heavy work commitments it looks like Im going to w***erise My FXHO I used to do My boat engines years ago so have no problems doing the job Myself.
    Question is Yamaha obviously reccomend Thier own brand oil But can any fogging oil be used ??
    Or can Anyone point Me in the right direction of where I can buy online the genuine Yamaha kit ??

Is Quicksilver Fogging Oil OK ? There is loads on E bay but it seems to be saying Outboard use ??? Really want to make sure I use the correct stuff !

Sterling Marine is a 55 mile each way trip and they are the nearest Yamaha dealer to Me Thanks

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    ???winterize??? youve just baught the bloody thing
    charlie all fogging oil is the same, yamaha dont make yamaha fogging oil it is simply branded when it is sold to them, so are all the other brands, certain companys may specify a different colour ect but the root product is the same. i use slowsilver aswell

+1
    Isn't fogging oil just oil and aren't they all the same? I've been using the same can of Johnson fogging oil since 2007 in a 90 hp Honda on the toon as well as all the ski's.

All manufacturers want you to run their oil as they make money on those re-sale items. Big debate in the 2-stroke snowmobile community about running non-OEM oil and warranty claims--but that's engine oil not fogging oil.

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    ???winterize??? youve just baught the bloody thing
    charlie all fogging oil is the same, yamaha dont make yamaha fogging oil it is simply branded when it is sold to them, so are all the other brands, certain companys may specify a different colour ect but the root product is the same. i use slowsilver aswell
    I know Mate ! Dont rub it in !! Its a combination of not yet having a dry or wesuit (Im waiting for a made to measure drysuit from Hammond Drysuits)) And work now building up. So its unlikely that it will get used until early spring and I would rather winterise than just leave it...
    The skis sat in a heated garage but everyone says that winterisation still needs to be done !!?????

+1
    I had your exact same question. Went to Yamaha dealer and they did not have Yamaha brand fogging oil. Instead they sold me Polaris and they said some people even like it more. I think any fogging oil would work!

Don't sweat it!

I am not even winterizing mine, just wanted to have it on the shelf

Cheers,
    Reza

+1
    Charlie.....

The guys are correct...any fogging oil will be good. It is also a good idea to fog through the intakes (if you ever get to use the ski ) when it won't be used for a week or more.
    Yamaha recommend to do this. Have done it with mine since new & never had any problems with fouled plugs etc.

Thread Information