+1

Berts Mega Mall Yamaha FZS advice

Hi guys, Im looking to import a Yamaha into Australia from the USA. I have been corresponding with Berts Mega Mall Covina CA on a 2009 FZS. I have been quote $10400, is that a good price?? I have also been quoted $10000 on a 2009 FX SHO. What are they like to deal with?? I need a dealer I can trust to ensure the ski gets to the importer and I don't loose my money. Are there any other dealers that I should deal with. I need to get back to my importer relatively soon. Have a great day.

+1
    Hi

I am a fellow Aussie. You wont have any issues whatsoever dealing with Bert's Mega Mall. I always deal with Scott Webster and have recommended a lot of customers in Australia to him.

Feel free to send me a PM.

regards,

[email protected]

OZFXSHO
    Last edited by OZFXSHO; 10-31-2010 at 07:34 AM.

+1
    I can confrm you were 100% correct. I paid $10400 for a 2009 FZS and had t delivered to the shipping yard included in that price. I dealt with Amy and she was absolutely fantastic. The ski was delivered on the day it needed to be. Thankyou Berts.
    Quote Originally Posted by OZFXSHO View Post
    Hi

I am a fellow Aussie. You wont have any issues whatsoever dealing with Bert's Mega Mall. I always deal with Scott Webster and have recommended a lot of customers in Australia to him.

Feel free to send me a PM.

regards,

[email protected]

OZFXSHO

+1
    I got prices for a 2010 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser through both Berts Megamall and Mission Motorsports. Mission Motorsports were about $500 cheaper than Berts. The import to Sydney went smoothly and I'd have no hesitation in recommending Mission Motorsports. Send me a PM if you need further details.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I got prices for a 2010 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser through both Berts Megamall and Mission Motorsports. Mission Motorsports were about $500 cheaper than Berts. The import to Sydney went smoothly and I'd have no hesitation in recommending Mission Motorsports. Send me a PM if you need further details.
    Did you have to pay any duty tax or gst of anysort it was the one payment mad to supplier in the states and just pick up ski with no more to pay?
    Darren

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSSHO View Post
    Did you have to pay any duty tax or gst of anysort it was the one payment mad to supplier in the states and just pick up ski with no more to pay?
    Darren
    Darren it hasn't arrved yet but I'm pretty sure I wll have to pay duty. I think all up it will probably cosy me about $14,000 registered on the water in Wollongong.

What I am interested in knowing is how they come out of the crate, do you need a folk lift or crane or similar with a sling to get it out of the crate. It wont be a problem but I am just hoping for a heads up. Yamaha Aust really need to take a hard look at the prices they are charging. I was only able to get $17990 for a 09 FZS from a dealer in NSW.

Well I beloved that the crate need to be unloaded so you may have to pay an unloading fee. And to get it out of the crate I recon a forklift with a sling should do the trick
    Hopefully so other may have some ideas. Sweet all you need is a trailer and ur set

+1
    I just had to pay the negotiated price for the ski. Australian Customs charges the GST once it arrived in Sydney. It was 10% on any of the costs paid in the States. So, 10% on the purchase price for the ski and the cost of shipping and associated insurance for getting the ski from the States to Sydney, as I used an American shipping company. Once the ski arrived in Sydney I had Australian Customs fees and Australian brokers fees, all of which had the usual 10% Australian GST charges. All theses charges needed to be paid in advance to the broker company before I was allowed to collect the ski from the docks. The broker sent me a pickup notice showing that all fees had been paid and I picked the ski up from the docks in a large, dual axle box trailer, strapped it down and towed it away. The docks load the crated jetski onto the trailer for you using their forklifts at no additonal fee. Getting the ski out of its metal frame was easy. We removed the framing down to pretty much ground level, then about 8 of us lifted it up and straight onto a dolly, where the assembly took place. Once all the parts were fitted we just backed the trailer up to the dolly and winched the ski on, ready for its maiden voyage.
    Last edited by Rory; 12-13-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information