Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    MSX 140 Computer Program

    One of the local shops had the program to diagnose the fiche engines. He went out of business so I'm stuck. Is there a vendor for the engines or does anyone know of a shop in south florida that has one.


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    There is a lot you can do without needing the Digital Wrench software.

    Look through the Ficht links in my signature.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    There is a lot you can do without needing the Digital Wrench software.

    Look through the Ficht links in my signature.
    I didn't see anything in there to fix a melted piston and a torched crankshaft.

    Causes, water? lack of lubrication? part failure? lack of fuel to piston?

    the engine is out and on the work bench. Tear down starts Monday. Anyone have the computer program, please help.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookduck View Post
    I didn't see anything in there to fix a melted piston and a torched crankshaft.

    Causes, water? lack of lubrication? part failure? lack of fuel to piston?

    the engine is out and on the work bench. Tear down starts Monday. Anyone have the computer program, please help.
    The diagnostic software is unlikely to tell you why the engine suffered mechanical failure.

    You can use the LED tool to read out the trouble codes, if any are present in the EMM.

    Visual inspection alone may tell us why the engine failed. If you can post up some clear photos of the internals, that might help.

    Be sure to check fuel pressure when you get the engine re-installed.

    Don't run the fuel pump without the injectors clamped into the cylinder heads. Without the heads the injectors will just leak around the tips.

  5. #5
    Watcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    872

    Cantact EBL Watercraft

    Contact EBL watercraft in Stuart..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The diagnostic software is unlikely to tell you why the engine suffered mechanical failure.

    You can use the LED tool to read out the trouble codes, if any are present in the EMM.

    Visual inspection alone may tell us why the engine failed. If you can post up some clear photos of the internals, that might help.

    Be sure to check fuel pressure when you get the engine re-installed.

    Don't run the fuel pump without the injectors clamped into the cylinder heads. Without the heads the injectors will just leak around the tips.
    I will take some pictures tomorrow. With the engine out it should be easier to see the culprit.

    The LED wont show the lack of fuel pressure will it?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Watcon View Post
    Contact EBL watercraft in Stuart..
    \

    Thanks. Actually that's only about 31/2 hours away.

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookduck View Post
    ...The LED wont show the lack of fuel pressure will it?
    Nope, no fuel pressure monitoring in the EMM.

    One limitation with the Digital Wrench system is that it relies upon the diagnostics and reports of the EMM itself. The EMM has its own limitations in terms of diagnostics and reporting.

    Often enough the EMM assumes the mechanical aspects of the engine and supporting systems (fuel pressure is an example) are good.

    Since the EMM doesn't always know the whole situation, it is up to you to do the checking and diagnostics to provide a more complete picture of the problem.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Nope, no fuel pressure monitoring in the EMM.

    One limitation with the Digital Wrench system is that it relies upon the diagnostics and reports of the EMM itself. The EMM has its own limitations in terms of diagnostics and reporting.

    Often enough the EMM assumes the mechanical aspects of the engine and supporting systems (fuel pressure is an example) are good.

    Since the EMM doesn't always know the whole situation, it is up to you to do the checking and diagnostics to provide a more complete picture of the problem.
    Great insight into the EMM "Knowing" the problem and the assumptions it makes.

    I have enlisted the help of an able bodied mechanic to tear down the motor. I am hoping the visual inspection can lead us to the problem.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MSX 140 Computer Needs Fixed
    By dcspankie33 in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. WTB: 03 MSX 140 computer ecm
    By cameron da river rat in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 11:55 AM
  3. 2003 MSX 140 (Fuel Pump/Computer)
    By TonyBrouillette in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
  4. Msx 140 Alert!!!
    By wetherby in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 12:27 AM
  5. MSX 140 - Should I buy it for 7K?
    By X-Cane in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •