ve970 should I run novi 46 maxiflow or mikuni 48mm carbs? pics!!

Hello building a ve970 96xp over winter should I run the novi 46 maxiflows or i found a set of mikuni spigot mount 48mm with matched intake manifold. I also found a set of SRE 48mm carbs too

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    46's should be plenty. What's up with the dual high output fuel pumps? you should only need one of those to run the 46's. The bigger the carb throat the more issues arise when it comes to tuning with weather conditions.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    NOVI's are better than modded Mikuni's anyday...I had some Buckshot Mikunis and fought them every step of the way

Chit i run Novi 42's on my setup on a 96xp and im turning 7500 all day, my boat fly's. Hey Airbourne you put the ski's up fo rthe winter??? I thought about going one more time but i can't get any of my buddy's to get any balls with the 57' water temp lol.. The waves on lake Michigan were HUGE the other day coming from the west.....UGGGG!!! oh well i have a couple mods i want to complete this winter to both of my ski's LATER...

thanks guys 46 novi's it is. Yea i want to get out one more time too, but PA its a high of 50 here for the next week or 2

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Chit i run Novi 42's on my setup on a 96xp and im turning 7500 all day, my boat fly's. Hey Airbourne you put the ski's up fo rthe winter??? I thought about going one more time but i can't get any of my buddy's to get any balls with the 57' water temp lol.. The waves on lake Michigan were HUGE the other day coming from the west.....UGGGG!!! oh well i have a couple mods i want to complete this winter to both of my ski's LATER...
    the RXP is in mod mode...kinda in pieces right now. the ol 96'er wouldnt take much to pull out and go ride. I have a lake here that is heated by a nuke plant...two basins are 65+ year round. Come on down!

+1
    I would vote for NOVI too

65+ year round???
    man I'm getting jealous!! But I'm not that far, can I come too? I promise to bring my own Geiger counter! lol Of course you guys are invited to Chicago too (as long three is no ice here lol)

+1
    Yep Clinton Lake. Check it out on Bing Maps...you can see where the hot water ditch runs right into the basin. Just got to watch out for the three eyed fish with hooves

Another plus with getting the novi maxiflow 46's is you can get ahold of Tim at Novi and he is great with getting you the right jetting specs for your setup +++++. He helped me with my 42 novi's!!!!

Yea Tim set me up with my 42 novi's this summer and he was dead on

Thread Information