Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you identify this supercharger? (or lack of :P)

So I can't rev over 7300, normally I can do 8300. I think there is something wrong with my supercharger...

Long story short, I pull it all out and I think my supercharger wheel is abit worn.

Can you identify what supercharger wheel this is? (was?).
    Can you identify what supercharger housing this is?

And what would a suitable replacement be.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20101031_002.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	219556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20101031_005.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	219557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20101031_001.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	219558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20101031_003.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	219559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20101031_006.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	219560
    Munch munch supercharger wheel for lunch

+1
    Looks like a Greenwheel in an 04-05 housing...Also looks like you injested something through the Scer..They just dont "wear" like that..something had to go through it....as far as replacement??IF your looking for a identical replacement then your gonna want to go with the Riva Gen 2 wheel..I would also rebuild the Scer completely seeing the damage done to it already..
    Now though would be a good time to upgrade to an X-Charger..For the money your gonna spend on a rebuild kit and wheel, for a couple hundred less you can buy a brand new X-charger complete ready to go...

A friend put a bundled tow rope into the storage compartment up front.

My ski has 4" intake piping all the way to the storage compartment with a 90 degree down pipe, no filter.

Some how the bundled tow rope bounced up or INTO the 90 degree bend and made it's way all the way to the supercharger.

The rope was removed as soon as my mate felt the ski ride differently and the ski has been run for about 3 hours since with the only noticable difference is that it maxes out at 7300rpm where it used to be able to turn 8300rpm easily.

What would be the next wheel upgrade?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OSiRiSNZ View Post
    What would be the next wheel upgrade?
    An X-Charger would be the next step up from what you have now..

Is this the one?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=773

If so, is it the complete unit which is bolt on ready to go? What about the washers?

As it was (before the tow rope incident) my ski easily killed RXP-X and RXT-X in the chop and on the flat glassy river. It is a 2003 GTX with many many mods (view video in my signature). Is the "X" charger the standard charger from a RXP-X or RXT-X? If so, wouldn't that be a downgrade?

+1
    I hope u retrieved all the broken SC blades off that impeller. Did u look in the IC for any fragments? That may have even been an old original "B" kit in an 04-05 housing. We could tell better if u knew how much boost it made. What size prop are u running?

That housing is probably trashed now. A new X charger would probably be the cheapest replacement and will put out around 11 PSI

A new "B" kit from Seadoo centre, or a Rude Charger here in the store are probably the closest to what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by OSiRiSNZ View Post
    Is this the one?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=773

If so, is it the complete unit which is bolt on ready to go? What about the washers?

As it was (before the tow rope incident) my ski easily killed RXP-X and RXT-X in the chop and on the flat glassy river. It is a 2003 GTX with many many mods (view video in my signature). Is the "X" charger the standard charger from a RXP-X or RXT-X? If so, wouldn't that be a downgrade?
    It would not be a downgrade compared to the Gen II wheel, the X wheel put out more boost. Make sure you will get enough fuel though, you may have to change injectors, etc.

Banned User
    +1
    Thats a Gen1 B-kit in an 04 housing, the opening has been milled out. You can tell by looking at the intake housing LIP on the inside, its straight cut. If it was a drop in wheel, like a Greenwheel, then the lip would be rounded and have more meat to it...Plus if you measure the opening, if its 64mm its the OEM, if its 67-68 its Bkit...

Replacing it is easy...Find out where the rest of the blades went, thats that the scary part...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Thats a Gen1 B-kit in an 04 housing, the opening has been milled out. You can tell by looking at the intake housing LIP on the inside, its straight cut. If it was a drop in wheel, like a Greenwheel, then the lip would be rounded and have more meat to it...Plus if you measure the opening, if its 64mm its the OEM, if its 67-68 its Bkit...

Replacing it is easy...Find out where the rest of the blades went, thats that the scary part...
    Good catch Danny....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

hopefully your pistons are not trashed, from banging on the impeller blades inside the combustion chamber.

I would remove the head to take a peak at the valves and pistons for some piece of mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information