Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Exclamation Is my GPS working right ?????

After installing a full RIVA Stage 2 kit plus some other mods I GPS'ED my ski and I only got 72MPH. I couldn't believe it because people like Jerry when he were running the C3 at 74MPH and I'm running an E1 with the stock intercooler upgrade. So I thought something was wrong with my ski. Then I read over his built thread and saw that his etrex was reading 77MPH while his MoTec GPS was reading 80.1MPH. So this morning I took my GPS on the highway and carried the speed up to 160KPH and the GPS read something like 94 MPH. I now that 1mile=1.6km's and that the GPS was supposed to be reading 100MPH. Could it be that my GPS is off ??????

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    if its a garmin etrex then yes as i had the same problem, when i tested it in a few different cars at the same speed of 60mph the garmin showed 54mph

+1
    What are your RPMs? What prop/ pitch? Please list all of your mods. It can be tough to compare your ski to someone else, especially a pro like Jerry. Remember, every ski is different and will respond differently to various mods.

I run an etrex venture HC and I have no issues with it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    if its a garmin etrex then yes as i had the same problem, when i tested it in a few different cars at the same speed of 60mph the garmin showed 54mph
    Yup it's the venture HC. So did the problem ever fix ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Yup it's the venture HC. So did the problem ever fix ???
    I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that your gps isn't working properly. If you don't know where your rpms are then you are flying blind.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ski&highlight=

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    What are your RPMs? What prop/ pitch? Please list all of your mods. It can be tough to compare your ski to someone else, especially a pro like Jerry. Remember, every ski is different and will respond differently to various mods.

I run a 13/24 and I know my RPM's are good because I touch the limiter every now and then but I don't have a Tach to see my exact RPM's. But I know it hard to compare my ski with other people (especially Jerry) but there should be an average at which these ski's are running and Jerry was running a smaller boost wheel without half of the mods I have and still 2MPH faster. I know Jerry is awesome but I highly doubt he is that awesome. LOL

+1
    I highly recommend you invest in a tach. It will make the tuning process a lot easier.

+1
    I highly recommend you invest in a tach. It will make the tuning process a lot easier.
    +1 but the stock dash shows something around 7700 RPM's and I know it can be off but i highly doubt it would be that far off.

Another thing I know the stock speedo is a waste of time but it shows 78mph.

+1

Agreed. Ever ski is different. When I still run stock ecu with a e1 I was back to back all day 77mph before the ecu cut out. My friends ski had the same mods everything and he was getting 75mph. Every ski has is different , every hull is different.

Moderated
    Guys

car speedos are NOT accurate either, they generally read a little slower as a safety thing.

I would believe GPS reading over a car speedo anyday unless its an after market one that's calibrated correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information