Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Msx150 serviced now wont run???? Wtf

hi guys i just serviced my msx 150 followed the manual to the letter. even used all genuine parts. now i go to start the engine and it sometimes fires and then stalls and sometimes just splatters and die the common theme here is it DIES! i have checked the plugs and the inlet just in case and still nothing any help would be much appreciated

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk! What serviced did you perform?

Thank you for the welcome
    The oil in my storage tank looked like chocolate milk but the coolant is fine, so I decided to change the oil and oil filter on my ski this is how it went down;

I sucked the oil out of the storage tank,
    Cranked the engine with the oil return line off and also the injector and coil wiring disconnected ( as per the manual ).
    Replaced the oil filter and filled the storage tank up with oil as per the instructions in the manual
    I reconnected all wiring cranked the motor which spalted then stalled. Try re-starting and it just splatters and coughs, leave it for 10 or so mins and try again and it starts and then dies and repeats.

I also took off the inlet hose to check for oil and it is clear
    I also checked the spark plugs and them seemed fine
    Beside the fact that it won't run now my oil is milky again yet another $100 my msx150 has eaten
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I live in Melbourne Australia where all Polaris authorized dealers are crap! There is one who I bought the skis off ( I have two msx150's) who has no idea and marks up every thing 200% ie. He wanted $105 for the Polaris oil where I went somewhere else and got it for $48 this is the only guy who will work on the 150's every other dealer listed won't touch them because they said Polaris ripped them off and that they are too hard to work on....... See my dilemma ?

Sorry about the ranting and raving I just really love my Polaris and think it is a shame no one down here cares!

Thank you guys in advance for any help received..... Cheers!

+1
    Hi Aussie pride, welcome.

If all is back together as it was before the service and it was working then the only thing that comes to mind is when you were winding the engine over to pump out the oil you may have used the best of your battery? clutching at straws here! you need a minimum of 10.5 volts while cranking, or it will not run.

Cheers

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

The web links in my signature may be helpful.

If the engine oil is milky then you have water or coolant getting into the oil system somewhere. You need to figure out how the water is getting into the oil and fix that.

Once the problem cause is fixed, then you will need to do several oil changes to get all the water/coolant out of the oil system. You do not need to use genuine Polaris oil, especially if all you are doing is using the oil to flush out the water contamination.

A weak battery might be the cause of the no-start. Always ensure the battery is strong. Voltage while cranking is the important measure.

thanks for your imput so far i will charge up the battery, i was thinking the battery as i have had issues before with low voltage!

would it still be the battery if the ski does start but then dies?

and then when i crank it over it just spluters but the crank sounds quick??

i guess process of elimination.....
    i better get on top of it as the good weather is almost here.....

Ok a update.....

Got home from work and thought I would try it again, cranked, fired and then it died.... I checked the voltage while cranking and it dosnt even drop below 11.2

Then I tried starting with WOT and it ran but only to a max of 800 rpm?

Does any of this new information help you guys help me?

msx 150 serviced now won't run

hello, i do not have a 150. i read some of the posts for it some times. seems like i remember there is or was an issue with the proper oil level. i believe it was something to do with the marking on the dip stick was wrong and if you went by the manual and the dip stick you were putting to much oil in the tank and oil would clog up some sensors and make it hard to start and run rough. then you would have to remove and clean all the sensors or install new ones. i think there is or was a updated oil tank and or dip stick?? i know if you take some time to search you would be able to find some posts about it. as far as the milky oil goes it is either water getting mixed in the oil some how?? i think i remember something about the original oil tanks caused the oil to foam up and it created a discolored oil??? i think that was part of the reason for the updated oil tanks?? there is a guy called desperado on here that seems to know a lot about the weber engines. i have never talked with him. but you might give him a try? i hope this helps!!!!

thank you very much for that i have some electrical componet cleaner from work i will clean and try again but first drain some oil.

thanks heaps everyone any other sugestions and comments would be greatly appreciated

cheers....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiepride View Post
    Ok a update.....

Got home from work and thought I would try it again, cranked, fired and then it died.... I checked the voltage while cranking and it dosnt even drop below 11.2

Then I tried starting with WOT and it ran but only to a max of 800 rpm?

Does any of this new information help you guys help me?
    Your MAP sensor may be bad. Try inverting the MAP and the BOOST sensors.... they are the exact same sensor. Then try the start the engine again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information