Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

250X 2008 models had some kind of bearing problem?

I just bought a used 2008 250x which has 24hrs on it and was owned by a lady.It still looks to be in almost new condition.I have been told that the 2008 models had some kind of bearing problem,and if it is not upgraded and these bearings fail it damages the engine big time. Is this true ? If so how many hrs should this upgrade be done? thanks Jason

Good reading... thanks Jason

You can run it the way it is (for now) but eventually it will have to be changed/upgraded. If you ever start to hear a loud "whirring" noise similar to the way the supercharger sounds, the bearings are beginning to wear in the pump.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=whirring

+1
    just do the double bearing mod over the winter.it's about 130.00 in parts and 200 in labor but will save a destroyed motor and a wrecked riding season.

Whirling sound

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    You can run it the way it is (for now) but eventually it will have to be changed/upgraded. If you ever start to hear a loud "whirring" noise similar to the way the supercharger sounds, the bearings are beginning to wear in the pump.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=whirring
    I have a whirling sound on my ultra 08 with 150 hrs. I also have extended warranty GTTP. Will warranty cover replacement of bearings?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    I have a whirling sound on my ultra 08 with 150 hrs. I also have extended warranty GTTP. Will warranty cover replacement of bearings?
    My dealer wouldn't touch my bearings. They said that they had to break before they could do anything. After I really pressed them they claimed to remove my pump and inspect them. However I could tell they only removed the rideplate and not the grate so I doubt that they even did that. Oh and they sealed the rideplate with the wrong sealant so the sealant came off and I had to re-do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    My dealer wouldn't touch my bearings. They said that they had to break before they could do anything. After I really pressed them they claimed to remove my pump and inspect them. However I could tell they only removed the rideplate and not the grate so I doubt that they even did that. Oh and they sealed the rideplate with the wrong sealant so the sealant came off and I had to re-do it.
    They dont need to remove the grate to check the bearings

+1
    or plate for that matter

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Can someboby please explain to me how these questions are still being asked on this topic..........

The simple facts are

The bearings DO NOT last for ever .........any good dealer / mechanic will be removing the pump at each service anyways ( def at 100hr as per servive manual )

why take the chance to SEE IF the dealer will cover your $7k repair build price...........
    come on people help help yourselves...........

We have a very good improvement/fix for the bearing problem, but people still just wait and see.......... I just dont understand it............

I will tell you what your Whirling noise will end up as ............STUFFEDED ENGINE or new supercharger...........get it looked at NOW for shits sake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information