Thread: Prop Choice

Prop Choice

Hey everyone, I am trying to decide which what prop to go with. My mods as of now are listed below. I am still wanting to do the intake manifold upgrade. It just has me scared off. And that will be it. Yes that will be it.

Now for the story on what I want. Hoping some guys that have tested different pitches will chime in. I do most of my riding on a very small lake(some of you would call it a fishing pond). This lake is small enough, once i get it topped out, I can only hold it wide open for like 15 seconds. We do go to a big lake 1 or 2 times a summer with other friends. So top speed is not to big a deal for me. A little faster would be nice, but not used very much. What I want out of this is more hole shot power I call it. Or acceleration power. Or better hook up. 72 mph is fast enough for me. I do quite a bit of turning, spinning, on and off throttle. What I don't like is when i go to spin around several times, it acts like it comes unhooked fairly easy, bounces off the rev limiter a couple times, then hooks back up then takes off. I also know nothing about re-pitching a prop. Don't know if someone could repitch one at send it to me or something. I also found a thread on changing props, so i have a pretty good idea how to do it. I would need to get this tool right?http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=942

Anyways, Thank for all you help. This Form is great!
    Lew

+1
    I strongly recommend a skat-track 13/23 repitched to a 13/21. Yes you will need that tool. And the manifold upgrade really isn't hard, just read over the directions a bunch of times and give yourslef a good 3 hours.

I'd give this a read, should help you out a lot.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...lts&highlight=

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    i don't know anything about prop, but i am sure ^ that user knows, now the manifold upgrade i did it myself with previous knowledge, i use to work on my car so its pretty easy the only thing is you will find there's no enough space and its not that easy as the instruction shows jajajajaja but you will have fun doing it, and you will get some skills for future mods

Thanks Mike, that thread was very useful. Where can I send my prop off to to get repitched? I know there isn't anywhere around here. Or can I call them and order it that way?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lew04 View Post
    Thanks Mike, that thread was very useful. Where can I send my prop off to to get repitched? I know there isn't anywhere around here. Or can I call them and order it that way?
    Impros will pitch and balance your prop for $70.
    I would give them a call or shoot them an email. I have many times and I always get a quick response.

You could also send it off to a forum member to do it but personally I like leaving it to Impros because they do an awesome job and can balance/ weld/ repair your prop if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Impros will pitch and balance your prop for $70. http://www.imrpos.com/
    I would give them a call or shoot them an email. I have many times and I always get a quick response.

You could also send it off to a forum member to do it but personally I like leaving it to Impros because they do an awesome job and can balance/ weld/ repair your prop if needed.

Mike, you meant impros.com right? Looks like I can order a 13/21 Skat from their site. http://impros.com/store/index.php/sk...-impeller.html

+1
    Mike, you meant impros.com right? Looks like I can order a 13/21 Skat from their site. http://impros.com/store/index.php/sk...-impeller.html
    err yeah impros.com. That was a typo on my part. It does look like you can order the 13/21 directly from them which will save you some money.

I would do the manifold upgrade because you will gain the most performance from that mod alone. IMO its easiest to pull the electrics, fuel rail/ injectors, and then the manifold. This way you can see what you are doing. I would read up on the service manual too because they show you step by step how to remove the manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    err yeah impros.com. That was a typo on my part. It does look like you can order the 13/21 directly from them which will save you some money.

I would do the manifold upgrade because you will gain the most performance from that mod alone. IMO its easiest to pull the electrics, fuel rail/ injectors, and then the manifold. This way you can see what you are doing. I would read up on the service manual too because they show you step by step how to remove the manifold.
    Ya I'm going to do it, just have to muster up the courage to start rippin into it. Thanks Mike, you've been a big help.

Would you get the riva or the r&d intake mod kit?

+1
    Ya I'm going to do it, just have to muster up the courage to start rippin into it. Thanks Mike, you've been a big help.

Would you get the riva or the r&d intake mod kit?
    Riva. Someone did a comparsion and the RD one is longer and sticks out into the air flow. Do I have back to back tests? No, but then again no one I know does. You will be very pleased with the Riva product.

Thread Information