Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12 Offshore Oil Rigs in trouble...USCG

Prices continue to rise this morning, 22 cents up from yesterdays 42 cent gain on regular unleaded @ 10:30 eastern. There may be shortages in the NEAR future! As of last night there were still 2 offshore floating riggs that were MISSING! They found them 14 miles from there last known location b4 Katrina, sometime late last night! Gossip in the Petroleum industry is there a few on the bottom of the ocean, that they have yet to report missing.
    Good news is the LOOP (Lousiana Offshore Oil Port)did not recieve any substantial damage.
    We are watching History in the Making guys!

+1
    We are also going to be watching the biggest increase in inflation in the past 50 years !!!!

Richard

+1
    I am almost ready to sell my ski. I just wonder if anyone would buy something that burns 15 gallons an hour.

The only people I feel aren't concerned about $4 a gallon are the speculators and any one "well-to-do". If you are concerned please visit www.congress.org and let them know.

Experts: $4 a gallon gas coming soon

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a gallon soon but whether they stay there depends on the long-term damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts said Wednesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Mike, I hate to say it but I really will not be surprised if it hits 5$. its 3.30 right now around here and the market is up 40 cents on top of that, probably be 3.80 tomorrow.

My question is where else in the U.S. is there oil refinery's? Is La. the only state that has them? If so then who was the dumby that did that and put all the eggs in one basket? Come on guys there are other refinery's else where int eh U.S., there is gas stored else where how else do they supply stations around the other states like Maine and Michigan. Not sure if there is this magical pipeline that runs undergournd from La., to Maine. I would like to see that one. But to have gas jum from $2.57 to $3.60 over night that is outragous. Glad everyone on my military post decided to get gas today so noone has to get gas here for the weekend. All of my soldiers are going to stay in and not do much this weekend. Me I am not filling up two gas guzzlers that are on one bar each for $2.86 a gallon to have to do it each day at $3.90 a gallon and I am not just putting in and then riding out to a place and sit all day. I bought my skis to have fun and tear it up. Guess the only thing I will be tearing up is the damn fuel stabil and some fogging oil.

This SUCKS!!!!!!

By the way glad to hear your safe Jerry!!!!

Gary

There are refineries all around the country, only about 25% of them are in the affected area.

Blame the environmentalists - they have been trying to build more refineries in this country for years and they are held up in the courts.

We have plenty of oil, just not enough refineries. Add in all the BS additives the EPA mandated a few years back and that only makes the problem even worse. At least they got smart and are temporarily suspending that so gasoline can be sold to any area of the country and not require a 'special blend'.

+1
    Sure, blame the environmentalists for trying to curtail the effects of global warming...the reason why we are seeing storms of this magnitude !!

Money should be put into research for other energy sources. The worlds oil supply is not endless. It will run out one day.

Richard

+1
    Damn straight "Blame the environmentalist".

Storms of this magnitude due to global warming? Storms of this magnitude of are not uncommon. Coastline population is what makes these storms so devastating and building a friggen city below sea level doesn't help.

Sounds like a typical liberal "end of the world" statement. Hard to believe you own and ride one of the worst fossil fuel consuming toys on the market. At least my liberal friends ride bicycles.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Yeah Richard had "the day after tomorrow" on repeat for too long...

+1
    BTW ArmyRXP, here in Colorado we have a refinery just north of Denver and I've heard of one or two (refineries) in Wyoming yet our fuel prices are climbing like everyone elses. I've seen posted prices of $3 and above today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information