Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia (Bundaberg)
    Posts
    1,132
    +1
    45

    EGT Guage and Placement

    Hi i was wondering where everyone is installing there EGT Probes to there exhaust manifolds is there a prefered place?
    and where can i get a 3 channel EGT Guage
    regards Robert


  2. #2
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Hi i was wondering where everyone is installing there EGT Probes to there exhaust manifolds is there a prefered place?
    and where can i get a 3 channel EGT Guage
    regards Robert
    As close to the ports as pissible is best, there is a kit out there for snowmobiles that has three gauges for seperate cylinders but I read somewhere that number 1 reads the highest so you could tap the manifold at number 1 and read from there.

    Im prwetty sure that if you turn the mani over there are 3 little dimples that are in just the right place for the probes. R88

  3. #3
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Hi i was wondering where everyone is installing there EGT Probes to there exhaust manifolds is there a prefered place?
    and where can i get a 3 channel EGT Guage
    regards Robert
    I thought you were running a BM header?
    If so, then install a one chanel right next to AFR bung.

    If you are running OEM manifold then you have to go in the unjacted portion of mannifold right next to head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4652.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	219819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4663.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	219820  

  4. #4
    westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia (Bundaberg)
    Posts
    1,132
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I thought you were running a BM header?
    If so, then install a one chanel right next to AFR bung.

    If you are running OEM manifold then you have to go in the unjacted portion of mannifold right next to head.
    this is for a different project running a stock exhaust manifold...

  5. #5
    westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia (Bundaberg)
    Posts
    1,132
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    As close to the ports as pissible is best, there is a kit out there for snowmobiles that has three gauges for seperate cylinders but I read somewhere that number 1 reads the highest so you could tap the manifold at number 1 and read from there.

    Im prwetty sure that if you turn the mani over there are 3 little dimples that are in just the right place for the probes. R88

    can anyone else confirm that number 1 is the hotest?
    so most people just run one channel ?
    if not has anyone got a link for a 3 channel egt guage if that is what i need

  6. #6
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    http://www.exhaustgas.com/

    EGTs and probe stuff

  7. #7
    westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia (Bundaberg)
    Posts
    1,132
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    http://www.exhaustgas.com/

    EGTs and probe stuff

    thanks for the link alot of different products there... even 3 and 4 channel egt guages


    can anyone confirm that i only need 1 egt probe eg on the number 1 cylnder? as Rory stated?

  8. #8
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    thanks for the link alot of different products there... even 3 and 4 channel egt guages


    can anyone confirm that i only need 1 egt probe eg on the number 1 cylnder? as Rory stated?
    If is much cheaper for one probe. Then put 3 bungs with one per cylinder and move it arround.

  9. #9
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,931
    +1
    1,407
    I used a Racpak three channel,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4221..jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	219827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4354.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	219828  

  10. #10
    westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia (Bundaberg)
    Posts
    1,132
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I used a Racpak three channel,
    thanks Beerdart , that racepak you have is no longer available as i checked a while ago
    and all the other 3 channel and 4 channel units are very large i have limited space...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Advent Tach with EGT's and RPM for sale
    By TN1400GPR in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:15 PM
  2. Help! ordering parts. guages and open loop
    By islandboy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM
  3. egt guages
    By breon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
  4. boost guage and tach for sho
    By wave15stx in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:08 AM
  5. WTB: EGT probes and or wiring harness for Hot tach II.
    By Piranha Performance in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •