Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    2011 300X fogging port

    Does anyone have anymore info on the new 300x fogging port?
    I've seen that the 300 has a port and a tiny tube running down to the supercharger.I was wondering if this might be adaptable to our 250 and 260 s ?
    I have been thinking of ways to tube this in myself and have some nice pisco quick connect fittings and tube but if Kawasaki has a self sealing port and tube set-up,this might just be the way to go.
    Any info or pics would be appreciated.Thanks.Steve


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    can be done with any oil pressure/fuel pressure gauge install kit, with a cap in place of the gauge to withstand approx 15psi tapped directly into the top of the charger outlet, unless you put it on the intake non pressured side of the s/c.

  3. #3
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    you can always just screw it.......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA110061.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	219808

  4. #4
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    any reason you didnt go straight up and down dave?

  5. #5
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    any reason you didnt go straight up and down dave?
    pia trying to fit a large wd40 tin in that space it was the best angle bedangle at the time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    unless you put it on the intake non pressured side of the s/c.
    Tried already and the intake side of 250/260 doesn't work. You can spray a whole can of fogging oil into the intake side and not even a drop will touch the rotors. You will just have a big puddle of oil at the belly of the s/c housing. Two things:
    1. Intake mnifold of the 250/260 is too low and too far from the rotors.
    2. Fogging oil is too heavy and it become liquid droplets too soon.

    It's best if you spray from the top/exhaust side while cranking (not running!) the engine on the 250/260 s/c.

    Now the 300 has a completely different s/c and setup, so it works from the intake side.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    unless you put it on the intake non pressured side of the s/c.
    Tried already and the intake side of 250/260 doesn't work. You can spray a whole can of fogging oil into the intake side and not even a drop will touch the rotors. You will just have a big puddle of oil at the belly of the s/c housing. Two things:
    1. Intake mnifold of the 250/260 is too low and too far from the rotors.
    2. Fogging oil is too heavy and it become liquid droplets too soon.

    It's best if you spray from the top/exhaust side while cranking (not running!) the engine on the 250/260 s/c.

    Now the 300 has a completely different s/c and setup, so it works from the intake side.
    Could you point the exact location you mean on a photo for a newb?

  8. #8
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    remove the hose from the neck of the oulet pictured above and spray back in with the motor off bump starting a few times to spin the rotors into a different position

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    remove the hose from the neck of the oulet pictured above and spray back in with the motor off bump starting a few times to spin the rotors into a different position
    Theres a site that sells them Kawiperformance.com. They actually work really well, and not bad to install.

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    You could do thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426536718272.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	353642

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 300x Fogging oil - Australia
    By lucjet 300 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM
  2. 2011 300X Steering Play ?
    By allmotrek24 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 11:03 AM
  3. 300x flushing ports
    By official_style in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 04:45 AM
  4. cheapest place to purchase oem parts ? 2011 300x pump parts, and seal question
    By 98gsxl951 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 10:51 AM
  5. 2011 300x fogging port
    By ultralx07 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •