Smile GTX DI Oil Light??

Hi Guyz! I just recently bought a 2nd hand 2002 GTX DI.. i took it out on the weekend and today my brother went to take it for a burn and said the oil light was on. but the oil was over 3/4 full!? is this a regular problem?? and is it easily fixed?
    Also it seemed to pull really hard to the left... at first i thought it was the wind because its so much lighter than a 4stroke but realised it wasnt... any feed back is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by GioCasta View Post
    Hi Guyz! I just recently bought a 2nd hand 2002 GTX DI.. i took it out on the weekend and today my brother went to take it for a burn and said the oil light was on. but the oil was over 3/4 full!? is this a regular problem?? and is it easily fixed?
    Also it seemed to pull really hard to the left... at first i thought it was the wind because its so much lighter than a 4stroke but realised it wasnt... any feed back is greatly appreciated!
    The Oil light usually comes on DI units at about 1/3 Tank remaining. This leaves almost a Full Tank of Fuel use before the Oil runs out and kills your engine. (I owned a 2001 RXDI--same Oil Tank) The Tank itself is not flat so you need to look at at from the engine side to estimate it's actual volume. Just FYI, when you are filling the Oil Tank, be careful *not* to fill it past the Seam as viewed from the Storage Bin side. Any higher than the Seam or into the Flex-Hose and you risk overflow/spill/bad hose seepage into your Hull---what a mess!

Also, be sure to change your Fuel filter before the owners manual recommended 100 hours--I change mine at 80 hours and it was already half clogged--If it burns out the Fuel Pump for lack of proper flow they cost almost $500!

Your "Left Pull" might be a mal-adjusted Steering Cable. It can be adjusted from where the cable attaches to the Steering Nozzle in the Rear by loosening the 10mm Lock-Nut on the Ball Joint fitting and turning the fitting a few threads in the correct direction to compensate for the Steering problem. Be sure at least [4] Full threads remain engaged with that fitting---any less and you risk loosing your azz if it strips off.

DvD

David.... i filled up the oil and yes you are right so thank god! The bloke i bought it off didnt have a manual for it so i was kinda lost when it came to the crunch. As for it not running straight i havnt had time to check that out but i will definately let you know how i go! thanks
    Gio

Quote Originally Posted by GioCasta View Post
    David.... i filled up the oil and yes you are right so thank god! The bloke i bought it off didnt have a manual for it so i was kinda lost when it came to the crunch. As for it not running straight i havnt had time to check that out but i will definately let you know how i go! thanks
    Gio

I know it's a 2001 manual. but pretty sure most of the info if not all can be applied to the 2002 year.

http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/2001-seadoo.php

Thread Information