Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best charger setup for with riva ECU?

i'm going to be installing a riva ECU, riva 50 lb injectors, and riva retainers in the next month or so, along with an older riva wheel that is good for 20% over the x-charger. what would be the best wheel to run with all that for recreational riding? i don't mind using a rrfpr or fuel programmer and have the means to monitor A/F ratio for tuning purposes. i don't want to get to the point where i have to work on it all the time, so i don't want anything too extreme, yet.

my ski is a 2009 wakepro, so it is a big and heavy three seater. i've got a 15/20 prop in there now and a 15/22 for after the upgrades. just trying to plan ahead, depending on how fast my buddy makes his honda he's dropping it off today for a turbo upgrade. with my stock 215 charger, his r12x was neck and neck with mine (during break in on mine). at the 11 hour mark i installed the x-charger, 42 lb injectors, and 15/20 prop, but haven't raced him since. i know my ski is way faster now, but he's keeping quiet on exactly what he's doing to his, so i'm looking into what options i have to blow his little two seater away.

also, has anyone seen any gains with a pump wedge on a ski with VTS? i'm thinking about taking mine out to see if it helps reduce how much my ski jumps out of the water when launching.

+1
    I would run the 15/20 and see how it goes.

To solve your problem with the ski jumping out of the water with the wedge you will want to install the VTS extension rod
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=373

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i'm going to be installing a riva ECU, riva 50 lb injectors, and riva retainers in the next month or so, along with an older riva wheel that is good for 20% over the x-charger. what would be the best wheel to run with all that for recreational riding? i don't mind using a rrfpr or fuel programmer and have the means to monitor A/F ratio for tuning purposes. i don't want to get to the point where i have to work on it all the time, so i don't want anything too extreme, yet.

my ski is a 2009 wakepro, so it is a big and heavy three seater. i've got a 15/20 prop in there now and a 15/22 for after the upgrades. just trying to plan ahead, depending on how fast my buddy makes his honda he's dropping it off today for a turbo upgrade. with my stock 215 charger, his r12x was neck and neck with mine (during break in on mine). at the 11 hour mark i installed the x-charger, 42 lb injectors, and 15/20 prop, but haven't raced him since. i know my ski is way faster now, but he's keeping quiet on exactly what he's doing to his, so i'm looking into what options i have to blow his little two seater away.

also, has anyone seen any gains with a pump wedge on a ski with VTS? i'm thinking about taking mine out to see if it helps reduce how much my ski jumps out of the water when launching.
    I would say the X-charger would be as reliable as you can have a Rec ski without having to be changing washers too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I would run the 15/20 and see how it goes.

To solve your problem with the ski jumping out of the water with the wedge you will want to install the VTS extension rod
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=373

i've got the VTS extension. had to cut that sucker down about 2" and re-drill and tap it! it definitely was not designed for my ski, but i have adjustability now, which is a nice thing. so just getting the nozzle down enough for launching and high enough for top speed and it'll be fine with the pump wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I would say the X-charger would be as reliable as you can have a Rec ski without having to be changing washers too often.

changing washers isn't a big deal to me, as i've got all the tools for rebuilding the chargers. i'm more worried about tweaking the fuel, ride plate, prop, etc. i've accepted that i just need to get used to rebuilding the chargers, even if the other ski owners i ride with talk smack about it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i've got the VTS extension. had to cut that sucker down about 2" and re-drill and tap it! it definitely was not designed for my ski, but i have adjustability now, which is a nice thing. so just getting the nozzle down enough for launching and high enough for top speed and it'll be fine with the pump wedge?
    Yes, you should be fine once you get it adjusted properly.

+1
    Don't worry about the Honda.

+1
    I have a very similar setup, but a RXPX. I would go with the Bosch 48's and a rrfpr with the charger you already have. I recently got mine dialed in and ran 80.6. And like JP said dont worry about the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Don't worry about the Honda.

i wouldn't have, except i gave him the link to h20xtreme:
    http://www.h20xtreme.net/

last i talked to him he was talking about dropping about $4k or so into his ski no matter how much i tried, he wouldn't take that $4k and trade in his honda for a RXP-X i don't care if i get beat by another seadoo, but i ain't getting beat by a honda! he already had to do an intercooler upgrade, macboost module, prop, and wedge just to keep up with my wake pro in stock form with just a riva grate, 4" intake, and R&D nozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yes, you should be fine once you get it adjusted properly.

awesome. is there any specific way to adjust it, or should i just bring some wrenches for adjusting it with me next time i take it out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information