Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jim plate on px buck or no buck?

Considering installing a jim moded plate on my px. will this increase the possibility of bucking?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    Considering installing a jim moded plate on my px. will this increase the possibility of bucking?

I would have to say any plate that gives an X boat more lift , has a better chance of bucking, at speed, or if u chop the throttle especially. Be carefull and get used to the way it handles if u run one. Get with Duke on your setup, and see if pressure reliefs are needed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    I would have to say any plate that gives an X boat more lift , has a better chance of bucking, at speed, or if u chop the throttle especially. Be carefull and get used to the way it handles if u run one. Get with Duke on your setup, and see if pressure reliefs are needed.
    My '06 RXP runs in the same speed range as your 'X' (with Mods of course )
    ... and all I can say is Jims Plate + RE Block-Offs will cure any bucking problem @ higher speeds.

The RE's are X-pensive, no doubt,, but they *do* work by extending the Hull length a few inches on the sides (even longer than RIVA Pro B.O.'s do)
    Jims Plate, by itself, neither causes not really has much effect of relinquishing any 'porpoising' from my experience. It's just a smoother and more predictable handling/ride + probably gained .8 (conservative number) on the top end.

... my .o2,,,, keep the change

---DvD

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    ... and all I can say is Jims Plate + RE Block-Offs will cure any bucking problem @ higher speeds.

The RE's are X-pensive, no doubt,, but they *do* work by extending the Hull length a few inches on the sides (even longer than RIVA Pro B.O.'s do)
    Jims Plate, by itself, neither causes not really has much effect of relinquishing any 'porpoising' from my experience. It's just a smoother and more predictable handling/ride + probably gained .8 (conservative number) on the top end.

---DvD

You cannot compare a RXP to a RXPX when it comes to buck. They are not the same.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    You cannot compare a RXP to a RXPX when it comes to buck. They are not the same.
    +1

+1
    Any angle change due to cutting the mounts on the plate will lower the speed at which it bucks.

You can get away with it if you run a R&D grate or worx.

hmmm i think for piece of mind my next mod will be a pressure relief kit since there are so many different opinions on the ride plate, then go the ride plate route. I love the speed but safety is most important to me.

anyone know how much the duke relief kit is running for?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    hmmm i think for piece of mind my next mod will be a pressure relief kit since there are so many different opinions on the ride plate, then go the ride plate route. I love the speed but safety is most important to me.
    What grate are you running? And how fast are you wanting to go?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post

---DvD
    A RXP and PX are 2 different animals!!!!!!!!!! Jims rideplate WILL make a PX stuff and just preasure relief will get you hurt.(preasure relief will move up the point at which it will stuff by a mile or 2 but can"t be trusted)

With a data recorder it was noted that it will go 75 to 20mph in 2/10s of a second. I hate to test anything which is prone to stuffing alone........you would be wise to NOT play around with stuffing unless you are willing to risk serious injury.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information